Corksport lowering springs

:
Mazda, CX-5, Sport, 2.0, 6spd manual
Just replaced a set of Corksport springs with some H&Rs, the CS are just too low for everyday use they bottom out to easily. The car cornered better with the CS springs, but even the small bumps could bottom them out.(mad)

Interesting. I have long thought that c/s did a poor job of developing these springs. You'll be happier with the H&Rs; though they're not perfect either.

Never had nay issues with my H&R after 45000mi nor do I bottom out (aside from the rare hit a bump or something way to fast). I could tell the C/S were too low for the stock dampers when I first saw someone post them. I'm sure the front tire will also rub the inner fender if you run 20's with them as well, as 20's with the H&R have a slim chance of *slightly* rubbing at full deflection of the wheel (which only will occur on a u turn or something).

Last edited:
Interesting. I have long thought that c/s did a poor job of developing these springs. You'll be happier with the H&Rs; though they're not perfect either.
Two words: ride quality. But I guess that's the price of admission.

I've driven 1,000 miles on my cs springs so far. I've never had H&R' so I can't compare them to those, but my overall impression is that yes, you need to be careful around some bumps and take it slow once in a while. The back end can be a bit bouncy to on certain roads. Overall though I don't think its terrible, and I've never bottomed out while driving with them. Still worth it to me and I have no regrets as I am very pleased with how they look.

I'm in contact with K-mac suspension, they will be making some adjustable bushings for the rear suspension.
Kevin, had a very good idea on how to do it.
There is another rear suspension component, that he is thinking that we should modify. It's called lateral link.
Today, I have removed it and got some measurements. Tomorrow I will make a nicer drawing and I will send it to him.
Basically, I will pay for shipping, so it won't cost me anything.
Basically, the toe adjustment and this bushing's adjustment, will bring the bottom part of the wheels toward inside.

Back