Corksport Lowering Springs Installed

Here is a picture about these:

Attachments

• CorkSport-CX-5-exhaust-installed.jpg
    CorkSport-CX-5-exhaust-installed.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,210
They are adjusted only on the rear part of the control arm? If yes, then you are right. It adjusts the control arm in an angle-toe. But if adjusts both "arms" of the control arm, then it seems like it pulls in and out the control arm, which could adjust the camber angle.
I'm thinking about making my own camber arms. The only problem that I have is the welding part, I can't weld. At work we have the right equipment, but I'm not good when it comes to welding.

They are adjusted only on the rear part of the control arm? If yes, then you are right. It adjusts the control arm in an angle-toe. But if adjusts both "arms" of the control arm, then it seems like it pulls in and out the control arm, which could adjust the camber angle.
I'm thinking about making my own camber arms. The only problem that I have is the welding part, I can't weld. At work we have the right equipment, but I'm not good when it comes to welding.
And you're thinking about making your own camber arms? Pardon my bluntness, but don't be ridiculous!

Why is that? I have everything I need to make them, just the welding part I need help with. I'm a machinist.

Why is that? I have everything I need to make them, just the welding part I need help with. I'm a machinist.

Just have a professional welder do the welding for you. It shouldn't cost much and you'll have piece of mind knowing the weld will hold up.

I've got to to say though I can weld and I wouldn't want to mess with something like this on my daily driver that could potentially lead to an accident and potentially a fatality. If it were an off road vehicle though where the only one you can harm is yourself well than I say go for it. I'm assuming you are doing major stuff like replacing the control arm or modifying it. I just wouldn't have the gonads.

Since I've had the Corksport springs installed, it seems more people notice the car, it's definitely different form most SUVs. I don't like the soccer mom look it came with and luckily it looks nothing like a PT Cruiser, even lowered.

I have had alot of compliments on mine since installing the corksport springs. People who are not even "car" people compliment it often. I love the way it made the car look.

I know about it, thanks.
I'm waiting a little bit, if they don't release it soon, I will make my own.

Hi from New Zealand. First time poster on the site. Just thought I would post up the photo of my wifes CX5 after installing the Corksport springs. Very happy with the final outcome. Ride height is good, ride quality is good. Only issue I had was that the front springs weren't captive in the factory strut so had to get shortened. Not too much of an issue but wasn't told about this in any of the literature sent from Corksport.
Car is on 20" x 8" rims. 245/45/20 tyres. No rubbing.
photo_zpsc2cf5339.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi from New Zealand. First time poster on the site. Just thought I would post up the photo of my wifes CX5 after installing the Corksport springs. Very happy with the final outcome. Ride height is good, ride quality is good. Only issue I had was that the front springs weren't captive in the factory strut so had to get shortened. Not too much of an issue but wasn't told about this in any of the literature sent from Corksport.
photo_zpsc2cf5339.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
You mean the shock rod had to be cut and rethreaded, or was it shortened in some other manner? That's a pretty serious oversight on Corksport's part!

photo_zpsc2cf5339.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Tight. That was the color I had originally wanted myself. Are those 20's? I was flirting with the idea or getting C/S springs but I'm worried about rubbing under load/strut action.

I'm interested in hearing about the problem that you had. I have the springs myself, but I haven't installed it yet. I have the same color car too.
Very nice look!!!
How is the camber in the back, how out it is from the specs?

Hey. Camber in rear is 2 degrees. Not too bad, will just mean keeping an eye on tyres and rotating every 10,000 km. If I can get 30-35k out of my tyres I will be happy.
The front springs weren't captive in front struts. Had to get shortened by about 40mm. They re-thread the top of the shaft. Not a major, cost me $50 a corner but would have been good to know prior to installation.
Happy with the ride, handles really well. No rubbing even on hard cornering. Have had a good look and cant see any chance of rubbing.

Last edited:
That re-threading worries me, because I'm planning to replace them myself and I don't think, that I will be able to re-thread them home.
I have contacted Corksport, lets see what they have to say about this.

That re-threading worries me, because I'm planning to replace them myself and I don't think, that I will be able to re-thread them home.
I have contacted Corksport, lets see what they have to say about this.
I've seen a lot several things about Corksport installs that scare the s__t out of me.
Glad I went the more conservative route w/H&R. I think it's a more thoroughly developed product. Frankly, I don't see how you can drop a CX-5 3.25" and not need some way to compensate for the camber loss (gain? whatever).

Back