Cork Sport 'Power Series' Tuner Comptuer (Mazdaspeed)

SuperSpud said:
marc, you are such a forum nazi.... quit trying to be a moderator....

i just don't get why we need two threads for the SAME information. the thread i started in the FI forum was made a day earlier for this EXACT unit. wtf... now this just means ppl have to go back and forth to get info on it. saves time and space on the forum...

as for making enough power to pop your motor on the stock turbo, yea if incorrectly tuned you could do it easily... but if you tune your car to the max efficiency of your turbo ~15psi you're going to be safe. if a fully tuned mp3 @16-19psi on a 16G can handle the power, a tuned protege with a t25r @ 15psi is far from explosive.

SmoothCriminal said:
wonder what kinda discount one would get for an intake, turboback, and ecu upgrade all at the same time.. :-D

if my car actually gets fixed I'll be buying this

Im doing the same thing this spring bro hopefully they hook me up for going ALL CORKSPORT. Hardpipes,intake,turboback,ecu all at once :eek: my credit card is gonna be on fire !

im not sure im understanding this. was your car already at 9 psi, then made 25 more horse tunning with this computer. OR. did you get 25 horse from raising the boost AND tuning with the computer?

i wonder how easy it is to tune this thing. cause its under a G and if it does everything and can be done from a lap top, i know what my next purchase is.

The 25hp gain was with the additional 3psi. I'll try to scan the dyno sheet this week sometime. They (Unichip) were very impressed with the gain in this car.

This is a Mazdaspeed product as of now. I don't think a regular Protege one will be made in the near future, if at all.

So who all would be serious about doing this?

ok, im an idiot can you break it down barney style for me.

run 1 - was at what psi and with stock ecu or the corksport ecu.

run 2 - was at what psi and with stock ecu or the corksport ecu.

also do you know anything about the tuning on this. or is this something were you have to send back to corksport to tune.

:rofl: at comment that the stock turbo wont pop the motor.
Thats the biggest line of BS ive ever seen.

The t25 is safe for the fuel capabilities the car has up to 12psi max. After that, you really run a detonation risk on pump gas, and after that the a/fs go way lean im sure.
Anything more is a popped motor waitin to happen.
I wish i had to exact number from actual dyno time.
But i think these past 2 months proved what we all feared.
The MSP is somewhat of a time bomb untuned over 10, maybe 12 psi of boost.

The motor is weak, but bad tuning kills a motor far faster than weak internals.

A little bit more on topic now.
The Corksport tuner ECU or whatever sounds like a good devolopment, but i bet its going to be $500, and while more affordable of course than full Engine Management, probably isnt really worth it in the long run for those who want the fine tuning options of Haltech, or Autronic.
I'll wait to make more judgement until i see a price, and what else it can do, and how easily it can be modified, and retuned.

How do you figure the motor is weak? This is based on what?

What is killing these motors off is people not knowing what they are doing. Just throwing an FPR after a large increase is not tuning. If you don't know what you are doing, chances are you are going to mess things up. If you don't know what your doing, don't do it. :shrug:

So SonicRacer, can you comment on how this unit is similar to what perfworks is working on? Do you know if it's actually a piggy-back or a parallel unit like perfworks. I remember i talked with one of the guys at corksport and he wasn't too sure what it was cause he wasn't on that project or something. Have you seen it yet?
Thanks,
Vik.

"once tuned you'll be able to max our your turbo before you pop your motor

as for making enough power to pop your motor on the stock turbo, yea if incorrectly tuned you could do it easily... but if you tune your car to the max efficiency of your turbo ~15psi you're going to be safe. if a fully tuned mp3 @16-19psi on a 16G can handle the power, a tuned protege with a t25r @ 15psi is far from explosive."

KY- i don't know about you but a tuned car to me includes all the neccesary management upgrades. you'd be an idiot to think a stock MSP has enough fuel capabilities to run much more than 9-10psi, well tuned. injector upgrades are a must and a new pump would be a good investment. same team man, same team :)

as for the price, CS estimates $989, which for a 25hp jump with more boost is a joke. i'm staying with the AEM for now, i don't like the idea of a chip.

Last edited:
sonic, through some 720cc injectors on it and run em at half load, thats what a lotta DSM guys do to trick the ECU, also you'll need bigger injectors to get at the true potential of the car with that piggy back and future mods, like a turbo back exhaust, intake, and FMIC

mx3ownzj00 said:
as for the price, CS estimates $989, which for a 25hp jump with more boost is a joke. i'm staying with the AEM for now, i don't like the idea of a chip.

That's not a bad bang for your buck if you think about it. If you want power... you have to pay for it. Throw an intake, exhaust, hard I/C pipes and what's that give you for power? Probably near the same for near the same price. If I had to choose, I'd rather have a tuned stock car than a non-tuned car with a bunch of bolt ons for near the same price and the same power.

You don't like the idea of a chip? Why is that? It's a functional, safe, SMOG legal unit. What is there not to like?

Staying with the AEM what?

Last edited:
BinaryRotary said:
It'd be better if we could tune on our own with some supplied software.

Tune it to what? It comes with the maps you need on a stock set up. Then maps will be available for exhaust, intake, I/C pipes, etc.

Back