Coolant Overflowing, what can go wrong??

gtr319

Hi guys,

I had a 02 P5 with roughly 160k on the motor... last week i ran into a problem where the coolant overflowed, and I changed the coolant reservoir because it was broken when I purchased the car (thinking that is the problem), and just last night after I drove the freeway, and I went to pick up my car I noticed the coolant over flowed again with the new coolant reservoir. Given that the car's head gasket was fixed 24hrs before I picked up and paid for it, what can go wrong???

Thanks for the help in advance.

the head was fixed prior purchased... now roughly 10k later has problem... I really hope its not the head because its the most expensive part of the car...

only other thing i can think of is there is a block in the radiator or to much fluid or the radiator cap

Is the car overheating when the coolant overflows??? One thing to try is next time it overflows try and smell the overflow tank to see if it smells like exhaust fumes. Sometimes this works. Other times its hard to tell..

JT

Thx guys for the recommendations~~ My mech told me that he filled too much coolant in there, cuz my bro drove that thing hard for 15 mins and nth over flowed. I guess I will sell this car soon since I purchased a 2011 Mazda2 jus a day before I took it to the mech. Once again, thx for the help~~~

Back