Coolant Bypass of Throttle body

I got an IM spacer from nsnmotorsports.com but i dont think they have the TB spacers anymore

Do a search on it. Saw a thread recently where someone was battling throttle cable & gasket leak after doing TB spacer. IIRC they spoke of where they got it from too.

i12drivemyMP5 said:
Do a search on it. Saw a thread recently where someone was battling throttle cable & gasket leak after doing TB spacer. IIRC they spoke of where they got it from too.

Hmm... yah I wonder if that would stretch the throttle cable. I bet it would, but there are way's to adjust it I believe

I havent seen a TB spacer on NSN, that is where I got my IM thermal spacer.

yes, you have to adjust the throttle cable.

I don't see the TB spacer either. I know they used to make them at one point. If you're interested, shoot NSNMotorpsorts (I think is their name) a PM and see if they've still got a couple laying around

I still think everyones money and time and effort would be better spent elsewhere.

As said above, you might see 2 or so HP from this, but that could be fluctuations from one session to another.

I still maintain in my opinion, having dealt with all sorts of cars, (Mitsubishis, toyotas, mazdas, nissans), it isnt worth it. Ive never seen a car where it showed solid proof that a TB spacer and coolant bypass mod did ANYTHING concrete for.

Not trying to rain on anyones parade, but I feel that strongly about it. Look at the people that have posted about it having done it. They dont even notice its there. It could go one way or the other. Their "butt dyno" doesnt feel a difference. That means the placebo effect isnt even strong enough to convince me its worth it.

I jsut did it cause I had my IM off and didn't wanna hook up the hoses...

So it seems the general concensus is that they did it to "be lazy" so to speak.

Nobody is touting any performance gains from it.

Bump i need info on the parts for this mod.

So far i know you need a plumbing connector for the two hoses.

Can anybody tell me what else i need please?

you don't need parts for this mod!!!

if you pay attention to this instructions is a free mod!!!

First, remove thorttlebody to intercooler pipe.
with car cold, remove the top coolant line on top of the thorttlebody, it'll be the only black hose going into the thortle body on the top
then remove that same line from the coolant block next to the head where the temp sensor goes.

then remove the bottom coolant line from the thorttle body
now use this same line and connect to where you removed the other line on the coolant block where the temperature sensor is.

trust me, it is long enough. now use the other hose and connect it to the top of the throttlebody and then loop it into the bottom one, this way, you can always go back if needed, no need to look for hoses at discount autoparts.

Total time: 20 mins
Total money wasted: $0
Total Coolness Effect: 3 out of 5
Total HP gained: .5Hp and .3 Tq
Weight Reduction: None
Top speed, raised to 200MPH

have fun

Total time: 20 mins
Total money wasted: $0
Total Coolness Effect: 3 out of 5
Total HP gained: .5Hp and .3 Tq

Weight Reduction: None
Top speed, raised to 200MPH

Man, those are some bold claims! ;)

i hope you got the sarcasm in that sarcasm pointing sarcasm thread

Yeah, well I hope you don't forget to plan for the pre sarcasm planning sarcasm meeting, for the pre meeting that discusses the agenda for the sarcastic sarcasm conference meeting planning meeting.

(smash)

Back