compressor surge

I just boosted my car not long ago and went into boost for the first time today and I'm getting compressor surge pretty bad. I reved up to about 4k with half throttle. (didn't wanna do more than that). I'm wondering if its because I have the wastegate and the bov hooked up to a vac nipple on the turbo. Is that not sufficient vacuum for the bov? My bov is on the hot side and it is a greddy type rs. I read that they
Have 2 springs inside and some people take out one of them.

WHOA, I think you have your BOV hooked up wrong.

The BOV needs to be hooked up to a vac/press nipple, aka downstream of the throttle plate. (needs to see vac to open!)
The WG can be hooked up at the compressor nipple (will activate the WG fast, with no boost spike) but it can also be hooked up after the throttle body, (same as stock) in which it will spike a little, and also when you close throttle, the wg will close and add to the turkey....

There are a few ports on the top of the intake manifold. You do not need a vacuum block, I think it may be just for looks, but it may offer other advantages.

Idk what IM you are running, but worst case scenario you can tee off of some hoses above the IM, FPR, hose etc.

Back