Compressing stock Springs?

shiznig

:
Mazda 2 Maxx
Hey guys, just went down to the auto mechanics near my area and was asking for lowering springs. The guy mentioned that he is able to heat and compress the stock springs to the desired drop height. I have no clue how this will feel when driving but was wondering if this a good idea or should I just get custom made lowering springs such as Eibachs, h&r, racing beat etc?
The cost for compressing the stock springs is considerably lower than ordering after market springs. It is also hard to source after market parts for a decent price in Australia so thus I'm considering getting the stock springs compressed.
Any input will be greatly appreciated!

I have friends that ride on compressed springs. They are a bit bouncy but are okay if you just want to lower it. I got eibachs for 350 from eibachdirect in AUS Other wise if you want some RSR springs you can get them from yahooauctions and get them sent to AUS for about 250. If you have any other questions just ask

I have friends that ride on compressed springs. They are a bit bouncy but are okay if you just want to lower it. I got eibachs for 350 from eibachdirect in AUS Other wise if you want some RSR springs you can get them from yahooauctions and get them sent to AUS for about 250. If you have any other questions just ask

Are the eibachs worth the price for you? I wouldn't mind forking out extra if they're worth it. It'll take a bit longer to save but I can live with that.

Also did you install them yourself?

I have zero problems with the eibachs. Great to drive on daily and firm enough to improve the handling quite a bit. The height is just about right to avoid hitting the massive driveways and speed bumps we have here. Yes i did install them myself. Took maybe two hours. The rears were literally about 20 mins if you take your time. The fronts were not bad if you are handy with spanners and sockets

I love my h&RS. They handle well and lower the car pretty nicely as well. They are worth the price to me.
Sent from my HTCPO881 Sprint using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your suggestions. Eibachs are hard to come by in Australia.. EBay has them for an excess of 300 bucks which I don't have haha.
I've been recommended king springs, guessing it's an Australian brand & it is far cheaper than the eibachs. Only reason I want eibachs is cause I've read that the ride is still really smooth. Not sure what the ride on the king springs would be like.. Need to research a tad.
Once again thank you all for your replies.

I definitely recommend the Eibachs! They are indeed smooth and handle quite well. The car feels overall more solid and doesn't wallow nearly as much in the corners.

Back