Compatible Parts from Other Mazda Models?

:
2021 RDX A-Spec
I was wondering if there are interior parts from other current Mazda models that could replace CX-7 interior parts. In particular:

a) Chrome interior doorhandles rather than the matte silver that the CX-7 offers.

b) Chrome/silver/glossy dashboard A/C vents rather than the all-black that the CX-7 offers. I think it'd be cool if there were a chrome/silver ring around the black vents.

c) Chrome glovebox latch rather than the silver or black that the CX-7 offers.

d) Chrome console button rather than the silver or black that the CX-7 offers.

I tried going on the Mazda site to snoop out the other models, but their interior pics are slim and I wouldn't expect that they'd show pictures of all the finishes offered. Can anyone more familiar with Mazda cars let me know which models might have the parts above?

the rx-8 air vents might work just see what is the zise and if they are the same!!! Also look around the new miata accesories and mazda 3 !!!

Woah, that's nice! Just how hard are steering wheels to replace with the airbag and all? This is the first car I've had with that technology. I gotta admit, i'm kinda paranoid that the bag will pop out if i start poking around, lol.

I just got it yesterday. I will let everyone know how the install goes. It should be pretty easy. The airbag is controlled by a sensor in the front of the car not at the steering wheel. The steering wheel has two plugs on it. One for the airbag and then a little 2 wire plug for the radio/cruise controls.

2006 MX-5 Steering Wheel Swap

Alright, I have a guy at work who is going to do the swap for me next week. I plan take some pictures. If all goes well, and it is easy, I will do a write up in the "How To Section".

BTW I got the steering wheel off of eBay for $15.50! I think they retail for over $700 in the collision replacement catalogs. Not that anyone would ever pay that! Just keep an eye out on eBay. Alot of people convert their NC (2006+ Miata) to Cup Cars. They remove alot of OEM parts and sell them pretty cheap to recoup some of their costs.

Chris
2006 MX-5 GT - True Red : FM Exhaust, Chrome Fuel Door.
2007 CX-7 Sport - Liquid Platinum

Last edited:
Chris_S said:
Alright, I have a guy at work who is going to do the swap for me next week. I plan take some pictures. If all goes well, and it is easy, I will do a write up in the "How To Section".

BTW I got the steering wheel off of eBay for $15.50! I think they retail for over $700 in the collision replacement catalogs. Not that anyone would ever pay that! Just keep an eye out on eBay. Alot of people convert their NC (2006+ Miata) to Cup Cars. They remove alot of OEM parts and sell them pretty cheap to recoup some of their costs.

Chris
2006 MX-5 GT - True Red : FM Exhaust, Chrome Fuel Door.
2007 CX-7 Sport - Liquid Platinum

Awesome man, I look forward to your pics and possible how-to!

Unit 91 said:
Mustang air vents should fit and come in chrome I think. Same ones. True story.

I looked into it a little bit this morning. They look similar but a few differences I was able to find from pictures are. The Mustang has indentations instead of dots at the top. Could just be cosmetic. Also look at the CX-7 vents by the doors. They appear to have an extra fin compared to the Mustang/CX-7 center vents. I was able to find them in silver and black but not chrome. The OD and shape could be the same, so maybe they do fit?

Back