Common Electricity loss in mazda3 (wth is going on?) Help

CTAZOOM

:
04' MZ3 HB
Hi guys, quickly for background i have an 04' mazda3 hatch (2.3) manual fully loaded at 126xxx miles. Car was bought last year clean inspected checked, serviced all well. I do live in Boston and we had a horrible winter for the car to go through. Rain, snow, snow, snow and cold.

- The issue surrounds the same problem which is loss of electricity. I have noticed that rarely the car started a bit slurry, slow. Didn't pay attention.
- The first and latest while driving on the highway doing 75MPH the engine cut for a second and the radio (which was high) went off and on 2x and i freaked out (but under control) never seen it happen in any car.
- Also secondly when i have the AC on i seem to lose power (more than usual) and my GF noticed that on of the lights in the car went off and on while accelerating. When i have ac on or off and the radio and headlights on, if i use electricity such as windows, the headlights flicker.
- The last weird thing is that i feel like i need to give the car more gas before removing clutch and that i am losing power overall (electrical and HP).

Could it be the air filter, choice of oil, leaking wire, battery? Please shed some light before i take it to my mechanic and have a heart attack again on the highway.

Could be as simple as a bad ground. Check your battery connections, and engine/chassis grounds. Beyond that I have no clue. Electrical gremlins are hard to figure out. Hopefully you can get it sorted out yourself and not have to get a mechanic involved, alot of times this sort of problem is easy to explain but hard to duplicate. Good luck!

Check the alternator output for sure, but also grounds. On my old talon the main ground was bad and read only 3 volts at the end (only 8 inches of wire). Before fixing the ground the lights would flicker when the stereo got loud.

Check the alternator output for sure, but also grounds. On my old talon the main ground was bad and read only 3 volts at the end (only 8 inches of wire). Before fixing the ground the lights would flicker when the stereo got loud.

first thing i would do as well. highly doubt yout air filter or choice of oil would have THAT much of an impact on you cars performance.

Back