Coming back to Mazda possibly...

IMAX

:
2008 Black Mazda 3s Hatch. "La Mujer Negra Bonita"
More unfortunate car trouble. So may be getting a 3 or a 6. Depends how much I want to *spend. Saw the radio in the 3. Anyone have any pics of after market radios in the 3? Looks like an awkward install. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

*Dade County Public School spelling correction... Spin was changed to Spend...

Last edited:
More unfortunate car trouble. So may be getting a 3 or a 6. Depends how much I want to spin. Saw the radio in the 3. Anyone have any pics of after market radios in the 3? Looks like an awkward install. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

Why would you want to put in an after market radio, I think the 3's is one of the best stock radio head units and it looks good in the car, I think all after market radios look like poo in the 3.

That's my 2 cents.

I disagree... way too boomy... the bass is very low quality... almost all 70-150Hz and nothing below... and completely missing in the 150-300 range.

I disagree... way too boomy... the bass is very low quality... almost all 70-150Hz and nothing below... and completely missing in the 150-300 range.

I was just talking about the way the radio looks I didn't say anything about the sound I would much rather have a semi good sound for something that looks good.

Ahh ok :)

Still.... I think I have a thread around here somewhere in which I described how I burned special CDs just for the car that were equalized to take out the inconsistencies in the response curve of the cabin :)

I actually just got that processor installed and it really does clean up the signals and lets you keep the stock stereo. It has lots of neat options that I have not fully explored yet but really am loving it. I'm running for audio:
JL 10w6 sealed (10W6v2-D4 )
JL 500/1v2 for sub and JL HD600/4
For doors :
JL C5-570 2-Way Component Systems
I bought "Dynamat 10455 Xtreme Bulk Pack 9 Sheets"off amazon for $134 (50% what car toys sells it for) Dynamated the entire trunk.

I've just started to play with the processor, but just keep in mind if you just want to add a sub and call it good the processor will not work. You have to run at least a 4 channel amp to it so that the processor will work correctly this happened with version 2 the version they sell right now.

Back