Cold Air Intake

That black round thing is where my intake extenstion was located.

As for getting dirty ... it did but sand and other debris never made it past the filter into the piping.

clearance was very bad i could not go over speed bumps or enter / exit parking lots that were elevated without going in sideways.

Attachments

• ramair.gif
    ramair.gif
    57.7 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Wet?

We designed this cold air intake to re-use the stock plastic underbelly gaurd which are the only pics we didn't take. This will prevent water form hitting the cone filter. I have this basic set-up on 6 of my own cars and HAVE NEVER had any water issues.

Ken
Paddock Performance
845 429 4115

Last edited:
H.P. GAINS

jonnydoe48 said:
well that pipe is 394032439204029 feet long anyway. not much hp.

We put this car on our Mustang Dyno for several before and after runs and honestly were very surprised on the increases of h.p. we gained on this car. 6 h.p. and 13 ft lbs is no joke. You can really feel it in the mid-range. When you combine this with out 3" downpipe.....your looking @ an additional 6 h.p. and additional 9 ft. lb. Your more than wellcome to come to our shop to see in person.

Ken
Paddock Performance
845 429 4115

Last edited:
It says that it comes with an I/C inlet and outlet pipe as well...so does this mean you can get hardpipes and an intake for 125 bucks?

Paddock CAI

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. and first and foremost I would like to commend everyone here. This has been one of the most informative forums I've ever been too. Thanks for all the information.
The Paddock CAI that is for sale on ebay was actually installed on my car. From first hand experience, I haven't had any problems with the issue of water consumption. I live in New York and recently we''ve been having a few snow storms and downpours, at first I was a little weary too, so I've checked my filter area everytime I've come home, in my garage, and have found no dirt or water!
I believe in Paddock's expertise and knowledge, they've been very helpful to me.
And I think the dyno sheet is really saying much too, since every product I've seen go on this forum has been issued with a response of "where's the dyno?"

Again I'm a newbie, so please don't flame, I'm just sharing my own opinion and wish to gain more knowledge. Thanks Guys!

Well seriously good luck with that system.

Seems to me like it's in a very bad spot. I showed my wife these pictures and she was even very quick to say it looked like a bad spot. She does not know crap about CAI, I'll be the first to admit it, but she quickly saw the danger. She knows this tube/filter leads to the engine. I think even less than one foot of water would be very very bad.

I'd also like to add, 10 day auction, 6 days left. No bids in 4 days. Seems like maybe more than one person shares my opinion.

Re: Wet?

paddock said:
We designed this cold air intake to re-use the stock plastic underbelly gaurd which are the only pics we didn't take. This will prevent water form hitting the cone filter. I have this basic set-up on 6 of my own cars and HAVE NEVER had any water issues.

Ken
Paddock Performance
845 429 4115

well, that makes a lil better

II-Savy said:
Well seriously good luck with that system.

Seems to me like it's in a very bad spot. I showed my wife these pictures and she was even very quick to say it looked like a bad spot. She does not know crap about CAI, I'll be the first to admit it, but she quickly saw the danger. She knows this tube/filter leads to the engine. I think even less than one foot of water would be very very bad.

I'd also like to add, 10 day auction, 6 days left. No bids in 4 days. Seems like maybe more than one person shares my opinion.

"Homemade Intercooler sprayer" that pretty much sums it up.

Re: Location

paddock said:
"Homemade Intercooler sprayer" that pretty much sums it up.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Actually I give the guy credit for ingenuity.

Re: Paddock CAI

GotTurbo? said:
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. and first and foremost I would like to commend everyone here. This has been one of the most informative forums I've ever been too. Thanks for all the information.
The Paddock CAI that is for sale on ebay was actually installed on my car. From first hand experience, I haven't had any problems with the issue of water consumption. I live in New York and recently we''ve been having a few snow storms and downpours, at first I was a little weary too, so I've checked my filter area everytime I've come home, in my garage, and have found no dirt or water!
I believe in Paddock's expertise and knowledge, they've been very helpful to me.
And I think the dyno sheet is really saying much too, since every product I've seen go on this forum has been issued with a response of "where's the dyno?"

Again I'm a newbie, so please don't flame, I'm just sharing my own opinion and wish to gain more knowledge. Thanks Guys!

I am sure you are telling truth and have no ither interest on the company, but only having 2 posts on this forum does not help.

"Homemade Intercooler sprayer" that pretty much sums it up."

What does it sum up? What conclusion are you making? How does the fact that I made an intercooler sprayer by myself have anything to do with a filter right next to the ground? I can't comment on your product because I made an intercooler sprayer?:rolleyes: :wtf: :bs:

Last edited:
joy of turbo cars....get a sri and turn the boost up...why fight about a cai...the concept of the cai is inferior for a turbo car anyway .....ram air is a different story

GUYS........ SERIOUSLY.........YOU NEED TO LIGHTEN UP!!!
it's not like we have a s*** load of venders producing parts for are cars! paddock products look like very high quality and are at a very descent price! so what if he's ''NEW TO THE FORUM''!!!!!! how and the hell are vendors suppose to make and sell products if people are skeptical about new products and new members! give the guy a chance before you knock the product! as for the ''filter spot''
if you take the time to look under your car you will see that the filter where it's positioned isnt even exposed! the only reason it looks that way is becase paddock removed the plastic from under the car to take pictures. other wise the filter is coverd!
:rolleyes:

"it's not like we have a s*** load of venders producing parts for are cars! paddock products look like very high quality and are at a very descent price!"

True

I like the setup . I would love to get it if I had the funds and probably will when I do. I am wondering about having it setup for the stock bov or maybe one that is vented back into the piping of the mass air ? otherwise some mass air setups have probs . whats the word on this paddock?

Latest posts

Back