Coilovers

kre8

:
MP5
I have a dumb question but If I do coilovers what else would I have to change?

Thanks

kre8

kre8 said:
I have a dumb question but If I do coilovers what else would I have to change?

Thanks

kre8
Wow, helpful people we have here....

If you are looking to do Skunk or Ground-Control Coilovers, that is all you need. Eventually you will need new struts as the lowered stance will hurt the stock ones, but they aren't necessary. I have had Ground Controls on the stock setup for three years now and no issues with the struts.

If you are looking at a complete coilover system, this should also be all you need. These replace the spring and strut on the car with a well adjustable system for your suspension. Good luck making a decision.

You'll need a new alignment and you'll have to get a harness for when you start autocrossing. You ARE autocrossing right?

DistantTea said:
You'll need a new alignment and you'll have to get a harness for when you start autocrossing. You ARE autocrossing right?
Nope, just trying to get a nice looking show car.

My shocks/struts blew out around the second year, while with the ground controls. I would recommend getting the Tokico HP's or the Tokico Illumina struts along with whatever coilovers you get. Also, if the streets in your city are bad, your struts will blow out faster.

Back