Cobb FMIC fitment with CAI?

fastdreams

:
2008 MS3
I know this must be covered several times over, but apparently I am mentally search challenged. Endless threads not related to my query are all I have come up with in the search. It returns anything with one of my key words in it (freak)

Got a Cobb FMIC on it's way to me.

I have a MSCAI installed on the car.

Will it blend?

Better yet, will it fit?

haha thanks.

First hand experience? install thread link? I'd like to see if it is something that can be overcome or if I should get a different intake.

I called Cobb after starting this thread (and not finding the answer on multiple forums) and they told me it should fit.

Also pointed out there are MSCAI + FMIC AP maps so it's logical that it would fit if they bothered to make a map for it.

On the other hand, I'd like to change to a cobb sri for continuity sake with the cobb tip, fmic, and ap. I'm not a fanboy but matching stuff satisfies the ocd in me.

I dunno if this is actually possible, just throwing out an idea....

If you have one of the 2 piece MSCAI's you might be able to turn it into a SRI and still use it.

I dunno if this is actually possible, just throwing out an idea....

If you have one of the 2 piece MSCAI's you might be able to turn it into a SRI and still use it.

That's in the back of my mind as well. I know some others have turned the MSCAI into SRI, but it takes some permanent mods to it. I'd rather just buy a Cobb SRI and sell the MSCAI if it comes down to that.

from MY reading up on this... you CAN run a CAI with the cobb front mount its just a PITA and its a really tight fit. but i've read that a couple of ppl have made it work...

Fits fine.

Installed the cobb fmic, tip and forge bpv yesterday.

Issues I have are fmic pipe clearances with the bumper beam. It's tight right there, and I also took off my shifter weight because of rubbing in reverse.

These are the two common tight areas with the cobb pipes, and I only had 4 hours to get the install done so I haven't had time to move things around.

The MSCAI only issue there is splash shield is a little bit in the way so I pushed it over a bit.

Back