Cobb AP3.0

sjc_sp33d3

:
Mazda, 2007 Mazdaspeed3 Sport
I got an email from Cobb asking me to fill out a survey about a potential/future Cobb AP update. From the survey you can kind of see where they are going with it, what does everybody think? Are they possibly missing something?

If you haven't received this email I haven't found a way to get to it without the one, if anyone figures this out please post!!

Basically it's hinting at:

• wireless flashing

• touchscreen

• possibly having a smart phone replace the accessport

• possible on the fly map switching

• possible on the fly map editing

• datalogging, live gauges - customizeable

• upgrade option

Probably more but that's the gist of it. Also those aren't definite features, just asking if you would like these features.

Last edited:
haha, yeah, I was going to, but I thought it would be a little ridiculous to start a post with a quote from a post that was almost identical. But yes, you deserve most of the credit!!

Apparently nobody is to interested in the eventual release of an update Cobb AP. Is it because everyone is satisfied with the current release?

If they came up with a way to display multiple parameters on an iPhone and a mount to place it in/ maybe charge too... that'd be lovely, and I'd buy the 3.0 for sure.

I got an email from Cobb asking me to fill out a survey about a potential/future Cobb AP update. From the survey you can kind of see where they are going with it, what does everybody think? Are they possibly missing something?

If you haven't received this email I haven't found a way to get to it without the one, if anyone figures this out please post!!

Basically it's hinting at:

• wireless flashing

• touchscreen

• possibly having a smart phone replace the accessport

• possible on the fly map switching

• possible on the fly map editing

• datalogging, live gauges - customizeable

• upgrade option

Probably more but that's the gist of it. Also those aren't definite features, just asking if you would like these features.

That sounds like they are continuing the exit from the hardware end and want to concentrate on selling software or, HAHA,

change from sellin AP's

to sellin

app's

AEM started this so called wireless game when they made it so that the Iphone could display gauges, while that is nice, having a touch screen and all the other stuff, how would you feel if someone tapped into the wireless system and manually shut down your ECU.. rendering your car potentially inoperable....

Just wanted to give you all a little heads up. We are simply gathering information on what the next generation of AccessPORT should be and the kinds of functions you, as users, are most interested in. This is not meant as a hint of what is going to be released soon. We are simply gathering your input so that we can make our products better and better serve your needs and interests.

Travis
COBB Tuning

Back