Cobb Ap

Boostin McFly

:
2008 Mazdaspeed3
I just got a COBB AP and I can't find a map that is made exactly for my mods.

Just like my signature says my power mods are a COBB SRI, ETS 3.25in TMIC, SU Test Pipe and Forge BPV.

I did find a Stage 2 map but it says you should have a COBB SRI, FMIC, and TBE; my question is on these maps can a TMIC be substituted for a FMIC? Also, since I don't have a DP how would this affect how the AP worked since I only have a test pipe?

Would it be safe for me to run any of the maps made for TBEs?

I think I answered your question elsewhere, but I will answer it again. I would use a map designed for the stock TMIC, you could try a FMIC map, but keep an eye on your fueling and knock correction as this map may be too aggressive for a TMIC. Or at least, if you are going to be in traffic sitting etc, don't romp on the throttle until you get some air moving to the TMIC as a good amount of heat soak could cause issues for you that would not be present in a car with a FMIC. Otherwise, you should be ok running either style of map.

Also, stick with the stage1 maps until you get a downpipe, just make sure you get one with a cat to control boost creep issues.

Travis
COBB Tuning

Back