cobb accessport

Mspeed3

:
2008 Mazda RX-8
so when they say available summer 2007 do they mean spring 2008. I haven't heard anything about when it will be available. Any ms3's in utah that can ask the shop in person?

Its suppose to be out sometime in the fall of 07.That is what I read about a month ago on there forums.I cant wait...

Tell me what this actually does and what ball park cost is please. I hear chatter of these systems but dont actually know anything about it or how it works.

isnt it somethign that just allows you to tune the car..maybe thats y its called accessport? ive never seen or used anything to tune a cars engine so this is jsut a guess

I think I read that you can preprogram the ECU but always change it back to stock since it will copy the stock settings first.

I wonder if this would show up on a Dealer inspection at all or if the ability of changing it back clears everything and is back to stock settings?

they claim that it wont but thats a risk i dont want to take...i have more trust in a system like xede which just relays the signal from the ecu and changes it then sends its own to the engine...nothing is flashed or reflashed to stock

I think I read that you can preprogram the ECU but always change it back to stock since it will copy the stock settings first.

I wonder if this would show up on a Dealer inspection at all or if the ability of changing it back clears everything and is back to stock settings?

The ECU records "Run hours since last reflash".

They will check that value vs. the last service stop recorded on your VIN. If the Miles and Hours don't make sense.. they have a good indication that you have flashed the ECU.

Piggyback is undetectable in this manner.

I got this information from an engineer at Daimler-Chrysler that performs these checks in an attempt to void/validate warranties on vehicles.

I have a buddy that runs the accessport 1 on his wrx, I have seen it and played around with it it's great , you plug in , it uploads your stock settings and then you download whatever maps they have available for your vehicle.....it does store other fuel maps from a tune shop : say if you take it to a dyno and they test and tune, you can save those setting on it....from map to map it's like 20 seconds. When it becomes available I will be getting it...plus there is no wiring in, just plugs into the obd2.

I have a buddy that runs the accessport 1 on his wrx, I have seen it and played around with it it's great , you plug in , it uploads your stock settings and then you download whatever maps they have available for your vehicle.....it does store other fuel maps from a tune shop : say if you take it to a dyno and they test and tune, you can save those setting on it....from map to map it's like 20 seconds. When it becomes available I will be getting it...plus there is no wiring in, just plugs into the obd2.

^^^read the post above yours.

read what? so it voids the warranty....I mean who are we kidding , who modifies their car with a realistic expectation of warranties. I put about 20-25k miles a year so by the time my car has reliability issues there wont be a warranty.
I think of it as "rolling the dice". It's kinda like if your computer recorded that you redline the engine every other day how is that any different. Warranties have a looooooooooong fine print.........sorry I just had to say that ....there are risks involved in everything we do to this car from mods to treatment...can't win em all.

i havent even put 9k on my car yet and its almost a year ive had it...i think the xede is best way to tune ur car and keep ur warranty...of course there are those that dont mind voiding it and do what they want but my concern is warranty since i have 5yr/75000 mile

The ECU records "Run hours since last reflash".

They will check that value vs. the last service stop recorded on your VIN. If the Miles and Hours don't make sense.. they have a good indication that you have flashed the ECU.

Piggyback is undetectable in this manner.

I got this information from an engineer at Daimler-Chrysler that performs these checks in an attempt to void/validate warranties on vehicles.
no it doesn't... I've reflashed many different mazdas before including the sophisticated ones used in the CX-7 and I've also read the logs of the mazda scantool, it doesn't show s*** other than the flash build

once cracked, it's very easy to hide data in other/unused parts of the ROM

read what? so it voids the warranty....I mean who are we kidding , who modifies their car with a realistic expectation of warranties. I put about 20-25k miles a year so by the time my car has reliability issues there wont be a warranty.
I think of it as "rolling the dice". It's kinda like if your computer recorded that you redline the engine every other day how is that any different. Warranties have a looooooooooong fine print.........sorry I just had to say that ....there are risks involved in everything we do to this car from mods to treatment...can't win em all.
yes it does but it's hard to prove it's there or the car has been chipped..... it's hard for even subaru techs to find out that the customer has installed an accessport before it's too late (there's this recall that calls for ECU replacement on certain subarus, and since accessports are married to a specific car, you have to unmarry it first before you can change the ECU)!

the thing I wonder about is do you guys think that they will go 100% power on all gears when they release the accessport or just up the fuel and boost relative to what the levels are at already?

in other words if 1st and 2nd are limited will they raise the boost to say 18psi in all gears or maybe 14 in 1st and second and 18 in the rest.

Back