Cobalt SS Ring record 8:22.85 & 103mph in the 1/4

Your age is a little older than I would have thought, but not by much. I remember those days....

Seriously.. No hard feelings... I just have a regular MS3 and I am NO Noob. I have driven two cars that would kill an ms3 in my lifetime.

I just can say that I have been duped or wronged... I can drive for an average man.... which mean I can handle a strraight line....

My argument with you was centered on the fact that the MS3 is more capable performance wise (in the hands of a capable driver of course) than you like to give credit for.

I by no means think the MS3 is some crazy fast car that can beat every car out there but for it’s price and every thing else considered it’s awesome and it is pretty damn fast.

Oh and there's no hard feelings here and I don't think you're a noob.

Note: If you aren't already aware, to go really fast in this car you need to power-shift and upshift @5700-5900rpm. If you don't you're just going to lose boost and well.. you aint gonna go as fast.

Last edited:
My argument with you was centered on the fact that the MS3 is more capable performance wise (in the hands of a capable driver of course) than you like to give credit for.

I by no means think the MS3 is some crazy fast car that can beat every car out there but for its price and every thing else considered its awesome and it is pretty damn fast.

Oh and there's no hard feelings here and I don't think you're a noob.

Note: If you aren't already aware, to go really fast in this car you need to power-shift and upshift @5700-5900rpm. If you don't you're just going to lose boost and well.. you aint gonna go as fast.

Glad we could work this out!
(hippy)

As far as the power shifting goes, I have been a little hesitant to do it. I don't want to hurt her.

Glad we could work this out!
(hippy)

As far as the power shifting goes, I have been a little hesitant to do it. I don't want to hurt her.

You aren't going to hurt her, just practice half-throttle shifts for a bit until you feel more comfortable. Hell, just doing half-throttle / partial throttle is a lot better than lifting completely and you will achieve faster times.

Practice, practice Its the only way.

You aren't going to hurt her, just practice half-throttle shifts for a bit until you feel more comfortable. Hell, just doing half-throttle / partial throttle is a lot better than lifting completely and you will achieve faster times.

Practice, practice Its the only way.

just kick the clutch!!! (inout)

i'd avoid power shifting unless you're at the track and want the best time possible. the downside outweighs the upside for me

wasnt the guy that drove the ms3 in the nurburgring a private owner? the guy driving the ss is a pro racer and pushed the car really hard since its not his and he doesnt care.

allow me to summarize

performance is very close in both cars both in a straight line and around corners. neither car has a distinct advantage so it will come down to driving ability. styling and interior appointments are subjective so it comes down to which you prefer

allow me to summarize

performance is very close in both cars both in a straight line and around corners. neither car has a distinct advantage so it will come down to driving ability. styling and interior appointments are subjective so it comes down to which you prefer

+1

Also, most people that are serious about performance aren't going to leave these cars stock so stock performance means almost dick.

However, chevy seems to have done pretty damn well with the cobalt ss this time around and it will be serious competition for sure.

Last edited:
in all fairness, most people who are serious about performance are going to buy different cars

I was referring to people on a budget looking into cars at this price range.

I'm not some idiot who thinks these are the best cars out there.

But then again maybe they will not buy a different car... These type of cars with decent tuning and mods will destroy alot of other so called "sport cars"

Last edited:
I'm excited to see these running on the streets. I still get excited seeing the supercharged one. LOL. I know the MS3 as nothing on the SS/SC but they are still fun tunner cars and I'm sure if Chevy puts out Staged Kits like the SC's then these will be mean little beasts. However they still look dated. It's just like the Caliber SRT-4 IMO...GREAT engine...bad body design.

Back