CNT DownPipe

ya the only difference is the cat where the CNT uses a 200 grade cat and the cobb uses a 400 grade but i still wanna pass smog. so i was wondering if the 200 grade will still be good?

I run the CNT catted DP and CBE, love em both. I can tell that the cat is pretty minimal, sometimes there is a lot of raw exhaust smell, but the car runs great. I run a Hypertech with the idle upped to @1,000 rpm and a OCC, no smoke. The only thing is that sucked was one rogue bolt on the DP bell mouth that I had modify a 14mm wrench to get to. Other than that, great sound, performance for the money.

have you tried taking it to smog? @1000rpm doesnt that eat up alot of gas? which oil catch can you get? could you post a vid if you have change of ur car.

I don't have to get my car checked for emissions, not too worried about higher idle eating fuel. The catch can was used, not sure what brand. Don't have any time for vids, but the exhaust is killer. I used to run the stock exhaust minus one reso, sounded great, but the drone was too much. The CNT CBE is relatively tame when cruising, no drone, but when you open it up, it screams. Once again, I highly recommend it for the price.

its the CBE louder then the CPE, or HKS? its just i go to work at 3am i know my neighbors already hear my car but if i get this DP and a Loud exhaust they are going to kill me at 3am hahaha

Raising the idle with HT or AP tuning is a well-established fix for two known problems with this car: (1) the so-called "smoking turbo" and (2) noise, vibration and harshness arising from stiffer aftermarket rear motor mounts.

Modding almost always eventually requires an upgraded motor mount, and raising the idle greatly reduces the vibes. Modding the exhaust system to increase flow tends to further aggravate the tendency of some stock turbos to blow oil past the turbine seals. Raising idle speed seems to solve this problem too.

FWIW: I see no significant difference in combined city/highway driving mileage, as I really don't spend much time at idle.

Back