Clutch

Its not that its a cheap clutch(KMZ08) its just not for FSDE-T but it will work and hold up under sedate conditions as you've seen. The 10807 is a stage 1 upgrade over OEM from Mazda.

My original clutch is holding up well @ 116,000 miles having seen various amounts of boost pressure throughout its life. I would seriously consider putting in another one at this point but feel that I have a ways to go before I'll need to. I got 141,000 miles on my other boosted Mazda OEM clutch before upgrading to the Spec Stage 2.

I replaced mine at 93k and it looked like it had another 100k of life left. Lesson learned. I did it as preventative maintenance.

Last edited:
I just got my replacement clutch, the ACT Z66-XTG6... Anyone else ran this clutch? I can imagine it's quite different from the Exedy "Stage 0", Exedy Stage 1, and N/a clutches I've driven with. LOL It's rated at 430ft.lb.

Nothing compares to an old-school mechanical linkage. These hydraulic clutches have such a light pedal, especially newer cars.

I learned to drive a manual transmission in a '69 Ford F100 with a 300 L6 and a 3spd... That's an experience.

I learned to drive a manual transmission in a '69 Ford F100 with a 300 L6 and a 3spd... That's an experience.

Learned? The way you go thru clutches and transmissions I thought you were learning still. (rofl)

So it's looking like either the Exedy stage 2 or the Spec stage 2. thanks for the help guys.

I've ran an Exedy stage 2 and didn't hold my power very well. I would go with the Spec or go to a 6 puck ACT.

I just got my replacement clutch, the ACT Z66-XTG6... Anyone else ran this clutch? I can imagine it's quite different from the Exedy "Stage 0", Exedy Stage 1, and N/a clutches I've driven with. LOL It's rated at 430ft.lb.

love my clutch. wouldn't go for anything less that this.

Back