clutch question

revlab

:
P5
I noticed that i am getting a slight clicking sound when i engage my clutch- or more accurately like a line is creeking, but i noticed these are hydraulic clutches- so my question is can i just spray some lubricant on the lever piece- or does anyone think this might be symptamatic of a larger issue.
on a side note anyone ever changed the coolant- is there a plug or do i have to pull a hose and drain the old fashion way?
thanks
gregg

its the fork rubbing the button on the hydraulic part

grat description huh? just put some white lith in there and it goes away. it jsut gets dry and squeeky.

I have one click about 1/3 down while pressing the clutch in.....only happens sometimes and I have checked out the pedal sooooo many time to fix it.....

Have seen other people complain about it and really don't think it is a problem......
-R

i started geting this problem after mazda did the cold clutch chatter fix on my car....

but what i notice now is also if i'm in first or second gear and i'm accelerating from say 10mph - 20mph on a quiet street and my clutch is fully engaged (ie pedal up) i hear these clicking noises.. what are these noises? does this mean my clutch is wearing out?

tttP5 said:
i started geting this problem after mazda did the cold clutch chatter fix on my car....

but what i notice now is also if i'm in first or second gear and i'm accelerating from say 10mph - 20mph on a quiet street and my clutch is fully engaged (ie pedal up) i hear these clicking noises.. what are these noises? does this mean my clutch is wearing out?

i would seriously doubt it. I have gone through several clutches (the joy of buying older cars) and the symptoms are that is starts to slip or you just blow the thing out, i have never noticed a noise associated with dying clutch. Maybe you have a stuck valve lifter and the only reason you hear it at that range is b/c it is quiet enough. do you notice it when the engine is running but the car is not moving? and are you sure the noise is coming from the engine bay?

what is a valve lifter?

i am pretty sure that it is coming from the front of the car. you have to have the windows rolled down to hear it.

the noise doesn't happen if the car is stopped but the engine is still going... even if i ease the gas up to around 2k rpm it is all engine noise.,.. no clicks.

the clicks happen only sometimes, it is more noticeable if i have the clutch full released at 1k rpm, for example if i released the clutch more slowly so that the clutch is full released at 2k rpm i cannot hear this clicking sound.

and another reason why i suspect its the sound of the clutch is because if i give gas harder than normal at a low rpm it seems like the clutch is trying to catch up to the speed of the engine while accelerating... once the speed and rpm reaches about 2.5k rpm there will be no more of that clicking sound because at that point it seems like there is enough friction in the clutch to transfer all the power to the road.

of course all this is just my guess of the top of my head.....

Back