clutch pedal shakes when slightly pressed

johnny926

:
07 mazdaspeed 3
(pissed)so yesterday i was on the highway after getting my mags changed... all of a sudden my clutch pedal started shaking but only on releasing the pedal or when slightly pressed but the car works good it doesn't slip and has no change but the pedal shakes and i mean alot! so i went straight home got home and i opened the hood and noticed that i hear a small noise coming from the hood so i started looking around and i haven't found a mazdaspeed 3 with a similar problem i looked and the engine mounts and so far they are good i haven't looked and the transmission mount yet i have no idea what this could be anyone have any idea's ??? thanks in advance i have a mazdaspeed 3 2007

Last edited:
Brace yourself. A shaking clutch pedal is the hallmark of a bent connecting rod. That why an inquiry about present and former mods is appropriate. A worn motor mount usually makes the whole car shake, rather than the clutch pedal only. There are other possible problems of lesser danger, but until you determine whether it is a connecting rod you really ought to stop driving the car. The test for this involves removing the spark plugs and measuring how high each piston comes up when at top dead center. This can be done with a lead pencil inserted into each cylinder at top dead center. Mark on the pencil barrel the point where it is even with the valve cover. Compare to each other cylinder. If one is lower (mark is below the valve cover), you have a bent rod. If they are all the same, you can breathe easier and look for other problems. But do this first, or take it to someone you trust to test it. If you do drive the car, stay completely out of any boost until you have ruled out a bent rod. Driving with a bent rod will quickly lead to a blown engine with a high risk that the rod will come through the side of your block.

Sorry for my alarm. But you need to rule out the catastrophic before hopefully chasing down something more benign. What mods have been on the car?

Brace yourself. A shaking clutch pedal is the hallmark of a bent connecting rod. That why an inquiry about present and former mods is appropriate. A worn motor mount usually makes the whole car shake, rather than the clutch pedal only. There are other possible problems of lesser danger, but until you determine whether it is a connecting rod you really ought to stop driving the car. The test for this involves removing the spark plugs and measuring how high each piston comes up when at top dead center. This can be done with a lead pencil inserted into each cylinder at top dead center. Mark on the pencil barrel the point where it is even with the valve cover. Compare to each other cylinder. If one is lower (mark is below the valve cover), you have a bent rod. If they are all the same, you can breathe easier and look for other problems. But do this first, or take it to someone you trust to test it. If you do drive the car, stay completely out of any boost until you have ruled out a bent rod. Driving with a bent rod will quickly lead to a blown engine with a high risk that the rod will come through the side of your block.

Sorry for my alarm. But you need to rule out the catastrophic before hopefully chasing down something more benign. What mods have been on the car?

Unfortunately, this guy right here would be correct. That is the tell-tale sign of a bent rod; get that inspected before you drive the car anymore unless you want a VTA mod on your block.

so i brought it to mazda!! they changed the clutch/presure plate/bearing/flywheel and still does it right now they are still looking at what it could be they are saying that everything in the transmission is perfectly fine...

Back