clutch pedal is clicking

Striker187

:
2008 MS3 GT
today, my clutch pedal started making a clicking sound when depressing/releasing. i think it actually sounds louder from outside the car. i can feel it click through the pedal as well. the clutch isn't slipping and the pedal feels as stiff as ever. i know a couple of other members have had this problem too but no one's said what was wrong, if anything....so what's the deal?

i have a similar sounding noise, not sure what it is, maybe a loose linkage or something.

There's nothing wrong, I have this clicking too. I think we're just feeling the feedback from the clutch's hydraulic pressure actuator located atop the clutch pedal.

What I mean is when you press/release the clutch pedal, the pedal presses/releases this hydraulic pressure actuator in front of it (which you have to get down under the dash to see), and the clicking feeling is a normal symptom of the "play" in the clutch system.

my clutch pedal never did this before. and last night, i went for a short drive and it stopped. been driving here and there today and the clicking is gone.....i dunno what's up with my car.

I've got it too... thought it was the differential but it only happens when disengaging the clutch in 1st

ahh who needs the clutch you can shift without it... put the car in first and start going pull it out of gear without clutch then rev alittle over what the revs would be at for second gear then lightly pull down toward second till the car hits the revs it should be at it will fall into second gear without using the clutch get good at driving like this and never have to worry about clutch again!
lol it does work friend showed me this today.. i was like wtf! oh also i have the same noise

i know what it is. i had the same problem and when i was at a mazda shop i asked him about it, he just took some red looking lube and lubed a cable down by the first cat (clutch linkage prolly?) i donno, pretty simple :)

mine was doing the same thing, it was really loud and annoying. My dealer grease the clutch pedal (not sure where) and it stopped. I thought they might blame it on the SS clutch line, but they fixed it.

interesting. maybe i'll get a chance to take it into the dealership soon. sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. i'll see what they say about greasing the clutch pedal and stuff.

i think the lubes a temporary fix. My tranny teacher at school said its either the throw out bearing or something about the shift fork. Theres a few threads on the subject already. Try a search.

I have this problem too... not sure is it the same case. It usually happen in first gear when i m trying to get the car going. It will have one of 2 click. Anyone know is there anything wrong w/ mine?

... I didn't read all the threads but some of you guys with hardpipes will get that effect if the pipes are too close to the Master Brake Cylinder. When you are starting out, the pipes will lightly vibrate against it and for some reason, it resonates through the pedals. The first time I noticed that I was convinced it was clutch chatter.

Back