Clutch issue, need help ASAP

tweety2300

:
2001 mazda protege mp3
Not sure what happened but all of it happend today. Earlier clutch lost pressure while shifting to 2nd pedal came up very slowly. Had about half a pedal of play pumped it a couple times and it was fine drove about 3 miles no issues. Car sat for about 90 minutes pushed clutch in and put it in reverse went in fine but would not come out, it came out with a loud pop. Pumped the clutch a few times got it in gear and drove around to park it. Went through all the gears and when I put it in reverse I backed up but the clutch would not disengage almost stalled twice I backed it into a spot where it is now sitting. I'm assuming its something with the master slave or slave since the problem is its not disengaging. But I'm working and don't have time to figure it out right now. I have been having intermentent issues with it not disengaging all the way and having issues shifting but never like this

check fluid level if that is ok then it could be a bad clutch master or slave like u suspect.. i have read that the shift fork are prone to going bad too on these cars but do not know the sysmptoms

Brake fluid is fine. I did take it out earlier it did fine for about 10 minutes then lost pressure again had to pump several times to get it in gear after that it was normal again, and when I went to back it into the driveway it did the same thing where the clutch would not disengage and wouldn't come out of reverse

Slave cylinder boot is torn in 3 different places, it shouldn't effect it any but it's under warranty still so I'm starting with it, I really hope it's not the master slave again as its a b**** to do

Also the pedal has play in it but the fork that the slave pushes still moves even though there is no pressure in the pedal. And te brake fluid is 3 months old but yet it looks dirty for some reason. Being relatively new shouldn't it still be clear?

Back