Clutch going out??

tedsterb

:
2001 Protege
Ok so I have a 2001 Protege and lately my clutch has been getting really soft after driving about half hour. I have to press the clutch all the way to the floor to get it into gears and even then sometimes it's hard to get into 1st gear. It's been really hot here lately, mid 90s each day. Does that have anything to do with it? Like I said, when I first start it up, its fine for about half an hour and then there's a lot more freeplay in the clutch and gets softer. Is my clutch going out? I just replaced the brake fluid today, it was a little low. I haven't driven it yet since I replace the fluid.

Thanks....

Did you check the clutch master cylinder or the clutch slave cylinder,it could be both of those though.that's making your clutch feel soft.

zoom zoom

If I was in your position I would just go ahead and change both of them just to be sure,yeah I know it's kind of a headache but then you'll know everything is good after you changed it and bleed the line.... That's just my my opinion.

zoom zoom

So is the master cylinder the brake cylinder where the fluid is? And the slave cylinder is down by the transmission?

Yes.. The clutch master cylinder bolt on the firewall right next to the brake fluid reservoir the slave cylinder is bolted on the transmission.

zoom zoom

Latest posts

Back