Clutch/Brakes, possibly master clutch cylinder..?

:
Hi, i've been having problems with my clutch, so i'm told, but its kind of annoying since i have to refill my brake fluid so often.. I haven't noticed much difference since i've had the car, but i took it in to have a flex hose replaced that connects from the master down to the clutch. He said that i had a crack in a cylinder as well, so itd be pointless to replace the hose without replacing the cylinder since they're both connected. He tried pointing the cylinder out to me and said it was hard to see unless we're under the car, buuuut he didn't have a diagram to show me the part due to reloaction of his shop. I looked up the diagrams and it looked like he was talking about the master clutch cylinder and he confirmed when i showed him... The thing i'm having trouble with is, that i can see the master clutch cylinder slightly to the right of the master cylinder and it doesn't look like it has a leak at all. So my question is, is there a cylinder underneath the the master cylinder as well..? I'd really like to have my car fixed, but if i don't need to buy an extra part itd be nice and i could get it fixed. ALSO i forgot to mention, since i refill the master so often, i do spill occasionally and i hope he just confused that for the crack...

Thanks for the help, sorry if i'm extremely bad at explaining things.

Is it on the firewall or the transmission that he was talking about? Sounds like he was talking about the slave cylinder while youre talking about the master slave

Master slave is a b**** to replace while slave cylinder takes 20 minutes

i'm not exactly sure of the location, if i had to guess, closer to the firewall... since he was pointing just under the master cylinder from the driver side of the car.

Well you can see that under the car lol stick your head under the dash and look up at the clutch pedal, you will see a small long round piece of metal going into the firewall. If the master slave is leaking you will see brake fluid around that area. If you dont see any there look on the front of the trans where the slave cylinder is. Make sure its cold and feel all around it to see if there is any fluid or if the little rubber boot is torn. Pump the clutch 20-30 times before checking either so that any fluid thats leaking will be easy to see

I pumped it and didn't see anything underneath the dash and I didn't see anything round the :(

You might still want to make sure it's not the brakes that are leaking,... Our rear calipers love to do that. Pump the brakes hard a few times (maybe an assistant can help) and check for leaks. Your spilling may have confused the mechanic and the brakes feed from the same reservoir as the clutch.

Replace them it only takes about 30 minutes or so just advise your mechanic that the rear has a screw on the back behind a bolt to move the piston in and out. If he uses a c clamp to force it it will break it

Yea if they are leaking, they are shot and need replacing. Check for a leak first though, you don't wanna have to spend that money if they're working.

These are the cheapest rear calipers from Rockauto.

RAYBESTOS Part # FRC11813 {#BKZT2699Z} Friction Ready - Pads Not Included, Remanufactured; Professional Grade Rear Right
CAD$65.74 CAD$10.15 CAD$75.89

RAYBESTOS Part # FRC11814 {#BKTZ2698Z} Friction Ready - Pads Not Included, Remanufactured; Professional Grade Rear Left
CAD$66.76 CAD$10.15 CAD$76.91

RearCaliper_zpsd9d9b18d.jpg

Back