clunking in front end, struts?

well i just jacked the car up and checked it out, the tires did not move up or down. so i guess its ok to drive it to a midas or such to see if they can do a suspension test. gonna look for one who will do it for free. still need to pick up my ignition coils. any other tests i could do to see if its ball joint? i read its kinda dangerous to drive around with busted ball joints, and not as bad for worn struts. worn struts will give you uneven tire wear and not as good traction correct?

Jacking the car up at home isn't a reliable way to check ball joints. If you jack it up in the wrong place, they won't move even if they are bad. Sears does free front end checks if you're near one of them. I don't know where else does though.

Jacking the car up at home isn't a reliable way to check ball joints. If you jack it up in the wrong place, they won't move even if they are bad. Sears does free front end checks if you're near one of them. I don't know where else does though.

how do you figure? sears does the exact same s***. i know that for a fact. i used to work for them.

nah i didnt jack it up from any part that touches the suspension, im not THAT much of a noob. hah i used the frame.

i just did another test, i pressed down on the drivers side fender and let the car go, and it didnt bounce at all. i pressed down on the suspected bad strut side and it bounced 1-2 times. im more swaying towards struts. could this happen with bad ball joint? could bad strut lead to bad ball joint? if it was the bad ball joint would the side of the car be easier to press down like it is"?

just went to the mechanic today and its just a very slightly weak strut YAYY. 120k miles on completely stock struts FTW! lookin for good strut and spring combo, i want tightt turns. im thinkin tokico blues but im still tryin to figgure out springs. wanna lower 1.5-2.5 inches

Back