clunking, clicking, poping sound help

zoomzoomin07

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 3
wierd sound from under the front of my speed, when I start to come off the clutch and on to gas, only in first.
I read other have heard or had this simptom, what is it? did it need to be fixed? any info will help?

wierd sound from under the front of my speed, when I start to come off the clutch and on to gas, only in first.
I read other have heard or had this simptom, what is it? did it need to be fixed? any info will help?
What year is it? Has it had the motor mount recalls done? What mods do you have?

it might be the piece of metal that is under stock air box mine broken because of stock mm
SNV30862.jpg

when you driving engine moves and this thing is making noise if its not this i dont know man

damn that looks like it sucks yea 2007 mazdaspeed 3, had motor mount bolt fixed, running a SU rear motormount if really dont know if its when i move cuase if im off the clutch and pop throttle in and out it dont make the noise only as i disengage the clutch so f'n confusing

So this happens as you disengage the clutch. Is it the clutch pedal? I had a similar problem with my clutch pedal because the spring was getting caught up and popping as it released. All I did was spray the spring with lithium grease and its gone. Do you feel the pop on the clutch pedal. Try pressing the clutch in when the car is off and let it out as slowly as possible. IF it pops you know what the problem is and I can tell you how to fix it.

checked that spot easy cuz of cai, checked when off nothing, when i slowly come off the clutch in 1st and sometimes 2nd it happens, i put it down to first and tap the gas a few times to make it jerk a bit and it would do it agian only more faint, sucks cuz cant figure it out and dont want to pull mods to take to dealer,

its like something pop or thud like something closing on metal, very faint sometimes you can feel it but not real bad, might have to suck it up and take it into the stealership.

Last edited:
why don't you listen to what I told you. Turn off the car take it out of gear and let off the clutch slowly. IF it pops I can tell you how to fix it without wasting your time at the dealer.

im saying i did that and got nothing bro, it seems to be getting louder but its probably in my head because i listen for it more and more now, it sound like something spring loaded slamming closed but does not effect my drivability at all, just real freakin annoying pull away slowly in first and poonk, sucks

Last edited:
yea just tried with engine off coming out of clutch slowly and nothing i dont think its the return spring, its sounds under the hood read another thread someone mentioned a transmission counterweight, does my SU motormount make that clunk more maybe.

damn ... due to the motor mount allowing flexing huh?? Damn. How did you know just randomly saw it?

it might be the piece of metal that is under stock air box mine broken because of stock mm
SNV30862.jpg

when you driving engine moves and this thing is making noise if its not this i dont know man

Back