Clunk Updates

FlyinMSP said:
It's somewhere in the thread. I bought the end links as well and I think it was around 240$ in all. You have to get your own bushings as well. So it's a bit expensive but it's very well made. The paint is so-so but I repainted mine with 3 coats of rust paint (I was gonna do it anyways). I haven't had a chance to install mine yet, I hope soon. :)

Thanks for the info...I still can't believe that we have to pay that much money to fix something that mazda should have had perfected years ago!!!
To me it's like being rapped and having to pay for it!! I'm F'N sick of Mazda right now and don't know if I will ever buy one again. Seems like once they sell you the car they stop giving a care..Anyway sorry for venting..Will probably have to buy the kit for 240$ US and the bushings...And that's like 1000000000$ canadian :D that's why it pissed me off a bit...Maybe tomorrow I'll be in a better mood :mad:

Actually, now is the time to do it. $240 USD is only $287CDN.

I agree though, I hate the idea of paying money, even though I am sure it is a good product, because Mazda has just kicked me to the curb. I will not be buying another Mazda when I decide to sell this car.

That's right! Our dollar is VERY good these days :) If you ask, Dave will put "Returns /warranty" on the shipping slip. I paid $0 for Custom :D
Took forever to arrive though...

Last edited:
FlyinMSP said:
That's right! Our dollar is VERY good these days :) If you ask, Dave will put "Returns /warranty" on the shipping slip. I paid $0 for Custom :D
Took forever to arrive though...
Not sure if your dollar is good or ours is weak. :(

I just got my mp3 not too long ago so im just now learning about the clunk problem. Im starting to hear noises from my car but i dont think its the commen clunk problem. But just to check, i was wandering if someone could tell me if i have the 156E bushings or not (if these pics are even of the bushings because to be honest, I don't really know what they are).

Attachments

• Picture 105.jpg
    Picture 105.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 166
  • Picture 108.jpg
    Picture 108.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 168
Can't really tell by the pics. the E's have a teflon insert or something along those lines so you actually have to pull the bushing out to see.

Well i'm headed to the stealership for my 3rd set of E's, and the front is creaking like mad now that it's cold out.
What have you guys said/done to get Mazda to replace the rear sway bar???

Pants, that's absoulte BS that they said that was the last time, Mazda f-ed up and never fixed the problem.
This is also my first and last Mazda.

stupid clunk

bwhahahahhahaaaaaaaa I sued mazda of america and won!!!!!!!!!!! They had to give me a settlement of several thousand dollars. I did keep my mp3 though because i do like everything besides the damn clunk. so now i have clunk in the trunk and change in my pocket!!!!!!!!! (crazy)

Had bar, bushings, endlinks changed out with brand new parts (saw them) and the clunk is back. 156E is not a permanent fix. Lame.

Any word if you can still get Mazda to replace bushings after warranty?

Chris

not sure doomer.

on another note, I'm on month 14 now and clunk free...knock on wood.

To be honest, I have NONE of the noises in this car that the mp3 had. No squeaks from the bushings front/rear. Struts not squeaking, notta. Only annoying noise I get is coming from the passenger seat.....but that's just the woman running her mouth :) Even harder to find a fix for that thing :)

again, knock on wood

Well thats great... for you :). I wish I had the same experience, really I do. But the snow/ice/cold really seems to have killed them for good. They were doing well from June->Novemeber/December though.

Chris

From what I understand, for TSB items, which this is, the warranty continues for that particular issue.

slug420 said:
this thread will NOT DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE lol

i think i am subscribed still from like 2 years ago...
I created a monster with this thread. I think this is one of the largest, and most viewed threads on the forum. Well, the hotgirl thread is pretty popular, but out of the "legit" threads, I think this one has been around the longest, and one of the largest. Lets not forget that the original 2 threads I started on this were also very large, but for some reason, I couldn't post in them anymore, like they were locked or something but they weren't.

It will never die!!!! Long live the Klunk!!! or at least until the fix is a little cheaper...(yupnope)

Mike: "Hi, my name's Mike... and I have a clunking problem."
Group: "Hi Mike!"

I'm starting to get the clunk... with about 20k on my car. It's a 2003.5 P5. I hear it from the front left mostly, but it can be heard from the left rear and a little from the right side too. I don't push my car hard... so I'm not working the sway bars too much, otherwise it probably would have happened sooner.

I read to page 20 of this thread... then decided to skip the end. 72 pages, holy crap!

Anyway, quick review for me...
Is there a TSB out for this? It's number?
Whats the best fix so far?
What parts will they be putting in? Their numbers?

Thanks!!

Back