Clunk Updates

Re: ZOOM CLUNK ZOOM CLUNK

Pmpkinhead said:
Regarding the clunk, the dealer just called and said they put on new Polyurathane Bushings with Grease Fittings. He recommended I re-grease every other oil change and I will never have this problem again. Boy, if all you MP3 guys (and gals) had used my dealership you would never have these long term problems that you have had to put up with. Mazda of Bedford (Cleve, Oh) 2 Orange and 5 Black in stock as we speak!!! #1244(mspo) (drinks)

Are you kidding or what?

can you follow up with more details plz?

Your dealer put on some Polyurathane Bushings for you?
part # plz

Some guys have tried the greasable bushings before ( Energy suspensions make them?), and they seem to work to some extent. My concern with these is , is the grease just hiding the noise, and ignoring the main problem? Or do they actually fit better? I brought this up to MCI, and they basically just said, "NO, this is not a proper fix, and just another, it'll do for now fix, and we want something permanent"

And yes, the 156D part is the same old part we all know and love.

....guys, I'm just one guy that started trying to be heard, and when I got ignored, I just moved onto to someone else until I found someone willing to do their job.

Basically, they seem to be in the stage where they are getting the fix fabricated, and tested. Although I can't confirm it until I talk to this guy in person again. This is going to take a LOT of time because they have to redesign and construct a whole new part, and retest it. At least that's what I was told.

whatever comes of this, there's one thing I did manage to accomplish if anything, Mazda knows of the problem, and has completely admittied there is a problem, and agreed it NEEDS to be fixed as this is not just some squeaky seat, and is indeed something serious. That only took 17 months to get them ( dist. reps, service heads, head Mechanic's in Canada, all the big boys etc) to admit it to me. You would not believe how many conference calls, meetings with other district reps besides the new guy, that I have had or been there to witness, that Mazda just completely ignored the problem. I mean, I was like on my 8-9 set of bushings, and they were still trying to blame my dealer! Even with other mp3's owners having the same problem

"We do not recognize a problem with the mp3 here in Canada...."

Unreal.

At least that crap is over.

Last edited:
man newf I wanna know exactly what you did...heh, maybe I could use this on nissan...maybe I can trick them into getting me a 350Z ;)

ZOOM CLUNK ZOOM CLUNK

Here is the update. I picked up the car last night and I haven't heard a sound. My invoice states: SUBL REAR STAB BUSHINGS (SUMMIT 7349942-5). I believe Summit Racing part number!?
Now I can turn the radio on again and I will miss hearing ZOOM CLUNK ZOOM CLUNK by the Mazda Manics.(mspo) (moon)

Last edited:
Lets try it again

I called the dealer and received the number for the aftermarket bushings authorized by Mazda. They are Polyurethane with grease fittings. Summit Racing # ENS-9-5157G (Akron/ Talmadge, Ohio) #1244 (mspo) (boobs)

Last edited:
Man... All this trouble and B.S. from mazda when we could have ordered these bushing for $13.95 from summit all along....that blows

Your assuming they work though.

And, we have had guys tell us about the greaseable bushings long ago, like a year ago.

Hmm, I've been waiting for my new bushings to come in for almost 5 weeks now. They dealer was supposed to call me when they get them in. I think I'll give them a buzz tomorrow of monday and see the status of it. Wonder why it's such a long wait this time. Last time it was only like 2 weeks.

Yes, NEWF is correct. I have discussed these greasable fittings before in past threads. Mazda of Bedford put them in also and they are Energy's from Summit Racing.

So these Greasable bushings are a mazda certified part? As in, I could find them in a new version of the shop manual? I am trying to stay stock for SCCA< and yes, people would notice in my regions.
If it's there, I just might replace them myself and quit screwing with it. My rubber bushings are about to fall out. 1 autocross and they're about 3/4in. off to the side. Looks like I'm gonna have to fix them tonight.
Thanks for all the work newf!

These fittings are not a Mazda certified part. They simply gave my dealer the permission to use them as a replacement for my bad rear bushings under warranty. These new bushings have not crapped out yet, approaching around 9 months now. However, as NEWF has said, Mazda does not want to have greasable fittings as their final solution. Also, these fittings from Energy systems do not fit up front, so I have to continue getting those replaced with the crappy Mazda ones.

Yeah i ask racing beat about urethane grease bushings and they said they would not recomend them. Thats is why i never got them.

Newf just like to say (as many other people have said) thank so you so much. you stuck with it when most people would have given up. THANK YOU

I have another telephone meeting booked for Friday.

Not really a "meeting" so to speak, just an update that I've been trying to get for a while. For some reason they don't want to do it over email?????

Don't know wtf is going on, but, I was supposed to have them call on Thursday or Friday ( as I was told )....no call, or message, but they did call Sat. Night of all times. Of course, I was not home, and they left a message saying they'll trying again today, or Monday..

arg

Were playing phone tag.

None of this really matters anyhow, it's just me trying to get the latest update, and keeping in touch, I'm told they are still working on the proper fix, and for us to be patient as possible...usual story.

Back