Close to picking up '06 MS6; What to watch out for

Captain GJ

:
2010 370z / 2006 MS6
Long story short, I had an '07 Speed 3 and sold it in July of 2010 for a 370z. I have since acquired the need for a daily driver, as I have done pretty extensive mods to the Z, making it a pain to drive on a daily basis around town and to and from the office.

I have pretty much decided that a Speed 6 would be a great daily driver car, as it is fun to drive and can still haul around people and/or stuff, and the fact that I really enjoyed my old Speed 3.

I have found one here in town with 97k miles, all service records, only mod was an intake, for $10k flat.

Exterior is in fair condition, rear bumper will have to be repainted since the car was in a minor fender bender.

I am extremely close to getting the car, and the seller has offered to take it to my mechanic to have it checked out.

I was just wondering if there are any specific areas that I should have them focus on while they are looking at it.

Thanks for any advice.

Focus on the same areas as you would have in the speed 3, smoking turbo at idle, vvt rattle on start up, vibrations from clutch pedal (rod damage). If you could get in there and check compression, might be a good idea. If it's taken to a shop have them check the rear dif mounts, and the front PTO and rear dif for any signs of leaks.

100k miles with body damage for 10k is a little high on the price side as well.

Good luck!

+1

I would defiantly take the "fender bender" damage into consideration and minus the cost to fix the bumper from the price. With that mileage and age of the car ($10K) is kind of on the high side.

The fact that you have the opportunity to bring it to a mechanic is a plus. You'll really need to look for signs of abuse and as stated above it'll show with the mounts.

Thanks for the quick replies. What would you all say is a fair price to ask for the car? He was originally asking about $11k for the car and after mentioning my concern over the rear bumper, he lowered it.

Last edited:
sounds like a decent price.

ps. please post a pick of that 370Z :p my next car is gonna be a 370 ;)

Latest posts

Back