Clearing CELs from ecu memory

lestat13

So, you will most likely see my bitching in another thread on here shortly. Add me to the list of blown turbo seals, and at only 10,000 miles!!!!!!

My question is: I have had CELs in the past and cleared them with my dashhawk, but I know that they are still in the ecu's memory. Is there any way to clear them before my dealership visit??

your dealer should replace turbo, it was known that some of the turbo seals were bad in a specific batch. Master tech at my dealer said he would replace it if i installed dp and it started smoking.

Sorry but I've only heard one story end well where someone pulled into a dealership with a downpipe for a new turbo.

Any info on clearing CEL history? Someone told me only dealership scanners can do that.

mib-1.jpg

^^

What do you mean, I just paid cash for that brand new MS3 ;)

Nice pic tho, serves me right for posting stupid pics up when the one guy was asking about racing helmets. Glad he picked the Spartan one

^^

Does this really clear everything? I've removed the neg on the battery before, but Dashhawk still says there are still codes in the history... I feel dumb, could that be history on the dashhawk? Omfg, have I been stressing over this for no reason?

I just don't wanna pull in for a new turbo and have the dealer pull up old CELs hidden away

Clear them on the dashhawk. Short of pcm forensics I doubt it will show up on the dealer scanner. Maybe I'm wrong. But I have a scan gauge and have cleared my codes from it in the past. Plugged it today and it shows no codes present.

good to hear ya got it cleared up man....good luck don't worry everyone has their moments

Latest posts

Back