Clear coat for touch up pen?

Well wouldn't you know only 1 week and i have a scratch on the door. Ordered a touch up pen.
what type of clear coat do you use over a touch up paint?
I see a lot of auto blogs use 1K clear coat spray. Is this universal or does Mazda have a certain one?

Well wouldn't you know only 1 week and i have a scratch on the door. Ordered a touch up pen.
what type of clear coat do you use over a touch up paint?
I see a lot of auto blogs use 1K clear coat spray. Is this universal or does Mazda have a certain one?
If it's just a small scratch that you touch up with paint pen, i would not use a spray. That them becomes alot of area to blend in.
See if they have a clearcoat pen as well and just use that. 2 to 3 coats of paint and 2 clearcoat.

Depending on size and depth of scratch, you may want to look up a local auto repair/dentless repair shop just to get an estimate if you want your vehicle to look its best before attempting the job yourself. I've used one over the years that charges around $50-75 to ensure the ding or scratch disappears as best as possible. Unless you have experience and know what you are doing, it's easy to make it worse. As mentioned above, avoid a spray can paint.

Back