Cleaned my Fujita CAI filter

desertmike680

:
06 MazdaSpeed 6
So yesterday I headed over to Pepboys and picked up the K&N filter cleaner and oiler, to clean my Fujita CAI filter..obviously. To say the least, the results are amazing. My car idles smoother and pulls harder. Honestly, I gained torque from cleaning my CAI filter. I'm thrilled by it and cant wait to drive my speed 6!

So go to Pepboys or Autozone and pick up the cleaner/oiler for 11.99. Dont be retarded and just do it!

Dont be a douche. First turbo engine. Unlike normally aspirated, never saw a major difference when cleaning my filters in my previous cars.

A clean filter pretty much does the same thing across the entire spectrum of motorized vehicles.... turbo... or "Naturally" aspirated.

Guys, relax.

Cleaning the filter on these cars is a piece of cake (for those with intakes). I recommend doing it at least twice a year; once in spring, and again in the fall. I notice my MAF voltages go down after the filter is cleaned, but as far as performance goes, it's nothing that jumps out at me.

yea.. I dont notice a ton. Must have been hella dirty for you to notice a huge gain. The only thing that makes me laugh is that the Cobb recharge kit states: "dont over oil the filter, this may cause serious harm to the sensors in the car" Exactly how much is over oiling?

yea.. I dont notice a ton. Must have been hella dirty for you to notice a huge gain. The only thing that makes me laugh is that the Cobb recharge kit states: "dont over oil the filter, this may cause serious harm to the sensors in the car" Exactly how much is over oiling?

If the filter is saturated with oil, you're doing it wrong.

You don't want to see oil dripping off the filter at all. A very light coat all the way around is sufficient. Hold the spray about 12" from the filter and spray back and forth turning the filter at the same time. If you find that you've used too much, just rewash it out and try it again.

The idea is to oil enough so that the filter material is holding that moisture, not shedding it.

How do you recommend cleaning the stock filter off the mazdaspeed cai. I thought you shouldn't use oil on it.

http://forum.torontomazda6.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2319

resizeofdsc01207.jpg

resizeofdsc01208.jpg

resizeofdsc01209.jpg

resizeofdsc01210.jpg

resizeofdsc01211.jpg

as you can see, the K&N filter wrap took most of the dirty sh*t...
and the filter isn't as dirty as i thought it would be.....
summer is comin'....the filter wrap is off! one full afternoon
of nature-drying it will be back on by tonight! no need to OIL too!

As for oiling, there is a quote i found in http://www.f5air.com/filter.html

Cleaning the air filter is simple and can be done using soapy, lukewarm water, and let air dry. The Super Flow High Performance Air Filter™ contains a synthetic fiber that does not contain any oil.

um just so you guys know, the fujita filter is a dry filter and should not be oiled. it should only be cleaned with soap and water. as stated above.

Back