Chrome mirror garnish

thaxman

Mazda5 the Anti-Van
Looking around at Mazda5s globally, I came upon this, available in the UK:

PN CC29-V3-650G

It is chrome garnish for the door mirrors. You can make your car stand out like the primo top-of-the-line Audis by making the outside mirrors chrome, instead of body color. Anyone have the ability to see if this can be ordered and brought here to the US? Called the local dealer & they said they'd get back to me....

PS, forgot how to add pics saved to the desktop.

Looking around at Mazda5s globally, I came upon this, available in the UK:

PN CC29-V3-650G

It is chrome garnish for the door mirrors. You can make your car stand out like the primo top-of-the-line Audis by making the outside mirrors chrome, instead of body color. Anyone have the ability to see if this can be ordered and brought here to the US? Called the local dealer & they said they'd get back to me....

PS, forgot how to add pics saved to the desktop.

These? http://www.mazda-accessories.com/acatalog/Mazda5_Exterior_Styling.html

m5chromemirrors_large.jpg

(gossip) IMO, they get scratched easy, in the hot sun they fall off, they are put on with tape, here is another picture of the same thing but for another car....

t_corolla_side_mirror_trim-t.jpg

If you do, good luck, keep us posted !! and PLEASE post pictures.

I think I saw this once in ebay

yahoooo its my 200th

Congrats on 200th ! :D

Peace!(rei)

I got them on my copper red 2008 M5 and they are the final touch to a good looking car. I'll see if I can post a picture of them some day. I haven't seen any other M5 here in sweden with the crome mirrors yet. I have had them for almost two years and they haven't scratched yet. I think its a good chrome quality. I put on some wax now and then to keep them easy to clean.

Not Sweden, but what about Switzerland? :)

Okay, I have to say those look better than I thought (shame on me) (lol2),
but still how do they hold up in HOT weather? How are they applied?
Anyone got some CLOSE UP pictures of them once they are on for a year? (2thumbs)

Peace!(rei)

Sarge, that's why I want the Mazda UK supplied parts. I've seen the stick-ons listed on eBay too, but I wonder if the Mazda-approved parts include disassembly and replacement of the body-colored shell. If so, that is of interest to me.
The eBay junk, on the other hand...

I think they sell these in canada.... at least they do for the 3s
getting s*** from canada = cheaper, easier, faster!

I tried all English-speaking countries where I knew Mazdas are available (No 5 in OZ, can you believe it?) and Mexico, since I am really close & could day trip it. I only saw it in the UK, but it looks like Canada has another unusual accessory that might be interesting for a desert-dweller like me - a "solar windshield shade" PN 0000-8M-L03.

I know that the generic twist-out shades do little to stop the interior from heating up. I was in partial shade in June and had the shade on the windshield as well and the black dash was still the hottest surface in or out of the car.

Sarge, that's why I want the Mazda UK supplied parts. I've seen the stick-ons listed on eBay too, but I wonder if the Mazda-approved parts include disassembly and replacement of the body-colored shell. If so, that is of interest to me.
The eBay junk, on the other hand...

Now I see, vary good point!

Ummm, (hand) he said and I agree, those e-bay ones are less than desirable, but you know for that cheap... US $19.99 + $25.00 shipping... a guy could try them out and let everyone else know.... *hint hint* ;)

Good luck, keep us posted!
Peace!(rei)

Mine is from eBay, they are stick-on. IMO, they are not bad at all. Have them on for few months already and my car is parked outside 24/7 under the california sun, no issue of fading or coming off so far ...

DSC01227_sml.JPG

Mine is from eBay, they are stick-on. IMO, they are not bad at all. Have them on for few months already and my car is parked outside 24/7 under the california sun, no issue of fading or coming off so far ...

Thanks for share! Now I may be persuaded to give these a shot, are they scratched up much? I worry about them getting scratched. (boom08)

But heck for the price a guy could order new huh? (cool)

Hey is the chrome hood lip stock or did you add that and do they make for an 06?

Peace!(rei)

Coastal CA is a bit diff from the scorching desert. Let us know how these hold up in a few more months, as well, please. They do look good - better than I expected for eBay knock off parts. Do they fit EXACTLY over the body-color panels or is the fit a bit sloppy?

When I got my garnish installed by the dealer I got the original colored panels back in a box. The chrome mirror garnish replaces the original one. At least the Mazda OEM.

When I got my garnish installed by the dealer I got the original colored panels back in a box. The chrome mirror garnish replaces the original one. At least the Mazda OEM.

Good to know, but I think the E-Bay ones just stick on with tape.

Peace!(rei)

Thank you Blue Swede. I figured that was the case. Better product than the stick ons, no doubt. Now the conundrum - HOW TO GET THEM. I have emailed two UK dealers now (including the one posted on this thread) about shipping to the US. No response.
What to do, what to do....

Well, if I can get the OEM in a fair price, I will go for that too. I emailed Canada's Mazda and no response. As for the eBay ones I have, the cover fits pretty well IMO and sticks well.

Thank you Blue Swede. I figured that was the case. Better product than the stick ons, no doubt. Now the conundrum - HOW TO GET THEM. I have emailed two UK dealers now (including the one posted on this thread) about shipping to the US. No response.
What to do, what to do....

I don't know if any swedish dealer ships to th US. And if they do, the chrome garnish is rather expensive at least here in sweden. About 340 US $ I believe. But to me they look so great so I ordered them for my M5 when I bought it.

Hope you find a nice and kind dealer to ship for you!

Latest posts

Back