Chrome Grills

NightRain

Anyonw have a link on how to remove my existing grills and install chrome replacement grills on the front of my Protege 5? I have a silver car and I think it would really add to the look of it.

I've searched and I can't find anything, I'm sure this is a simple procedure but I just need a little direction. Any help would be great.

I know where to get a grill, I'm just wondering how to remove the existing one and how to install the new one.

A step by step guide would be awesome.

The top piece you will find two screws at each far point of the top of the grill. Next to the headlight. Remove these.

Next in the top center is a pair of plastic pins. Use a flathead screwdriver to pop these out.

No gently pull the whole top grill UP and OUT. It is locked in at three points on the bumper and two into the body of the car.

For the lower sections I suggest lifting the car to be able to look underneath. This will ensure that you do not break the clips.

Get a flat head screwdriver and look on the back of the grill. At the far point of each corner the grill is clipped in. Use the flathead to push down and pull that point out. repeat this at each corner. Come back to the front and pull the whole grill out gently.

You're done! So did you buy a EZ Solid Grill or another type of Billet grill?

Thanks that was exactly what I was looking for. Actually someone ran into my car with a bicycle while I was parked and broke the front grill and stratched the bumper, I've manged to make the bumper look really good with some of the lipstick type wax fill and buffing, too the point where I can't notice the stratch from a couple feet away and it's not driving me nuts. I'm just looking to replace the front grill with a Mazda one myself since the body shop wanted $500 canadian to do the job and I can do it myself for $50, sure it's not looking brand new, but you can't really notice it and I'm sure I'll get more knicks and scraps over the life of my car. I think I'm actually gonna spray paint both grills with chrome paint now, I did it with the broken one and it looks really good, can't even tell its plastic anymore. Looks good and doesn't cost a fortune. I've only had my car since wednesday and the kid hit it about 27 hours after I got it. I was so pissed, but there isn't much I can do.

Has anyone else tried painting the Mazda grills? do you think it looks okay? I'm planning on leaving the black around the mazda symbol black and painting the grills chrome, since my car is silver and I think it should look really nice, I took the broken one off, painted it and replaced it and it even looks great broken.

Back