Cheetah Rear Bushing Adapter for Clunk

monokromatik

:
2003.5 MazdaSpeed Protege
So I've been looking around casually for options to deal with the inevitable clunk for as long as I've had it; the several brackets, different materials in the bushing (rubber, polyurethane), Teflon tape, marine and other silicone lubricants but they all seem to be indefinite solutions. Now considering that, as mentioned in another thread, the problem is in the geometry of the sway bar set up, I've found this adapter that allows the use of the flat bushing brackets as opposed to the v shaped rear stockers. Along with allowing the use of these brackets, it moves the position of where the bushings are slightly, although not as much and not in the same direction either of the clunk fix brackets. Has anyone had any experience with these adapters? Would their positioning affect the wear of installed bushings? Even though they're at a hefty price of $110 for what seem to be simple machined pieces of steel, I would definitely invest in them if they showed signs of promise. Here's the link: http://www.cheetahonline.com/products-page/mazda/mazda-protee-rear-sway-bar-bushing-upgrade-2/

Here's hoping!

This looks Amazing.... cant say so for the price...

Its a pain in the ass to get the brackets bent, this would be a good upgrade for those that replace the brackets often.

its so simple looking of a desighn i bet it works fairly well. And its true it is a pain to bend the brackets just to install the energy suspension bushings.

Back