check out the new mitsu Eclipse commercial

solid_snake

:
2006 Mazda Tribute S-V6
have you seen the new eclipse commercial, where a RX-7 and Mazda6 bow to a Eclipse

Last edited:
solid_snake said:
have you seen the new eclipse commercial, where the eclipse receives "respect" from a Rx-7 and from a Protege?

Gross. I'd take my p5 over a new eclipse. They look like a morbidly obese American. There's one at a dealer near me for 29k and it isn't even fully loaded. I'd never pay that much for an Eclipse, even if they are RWD and stuff. Mitsubishi needs to give up and go bankrupt :p

How day they pretend the Eclipse is better than an RX-7.

zverg said:
Gross. I'd take my p5 over a new eclipse. They look like a morbidly obese American. There's one at a dealer near me for 29k and it isn't even fully loaded. I'd never pay that much for an Eclipse, even if they are RWD and stuff. Mitsubishi needs to give up and go bankrupt :p

How day they pretend the Eclipse is better than an RX-7.

They aren't RWD. (hand)

did you guys see that blue mazda6 bow to it next to the accord after the RX-7 part? they should make the eclipse bow to the mazdaspeed 6 on a commercial when it comes out.

I first saw this and was like "ohh FD3S!" wait, wtf did it dip and pop its lights for, then the eclipse came on....GHEY!

Mitsubishi is teh sux. Does Chrysler still own a part of it?

anarchistchiken said:
RX-7 guys are not happy. I imagine Mazda corporate isn't either with the new RX-7 coming out in a few years.

Yeah the RX-7 guys are freaking out. There have been so many threads over there that everyone is sick of it. I have a FD and the commercial really doesn't bother me - IT IS JUST A COMMERCIAL. Anybody who knows enough to recognize that car as an FD will obviously know the eclipse is no match for it in the real world. It is actually pretty brilliant if you ask me. So many people are talking about it that Mitsu is getting a ton of attention - not exactly the most positive attention - but they say there is no such thing as bad publicity... who knows - a lot of people will probably actually believe the eclipse that great of a car.

Yeah, when I saw it I just started laughing at the brilliance of it. I mean, it's clearly a farce, but I thought it was a really well done commercial. Much better than the random cut's of naked drumming people and fire.

Back