Check engine code p2006

fvelez2

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
So my check engine light just came on and the code I got was p2006. Anyone know what the problem might be? Is it gonna hurt my car if I drive it? I have a 2003 MSP protege.

I believe its something with the intake manifold control. If you have an autozone/napa near you they can check the code and give you something stating cause for the code, if you dont feel safe driving id wait or look around to see if its already been posted

The last time a have that code my flap was stuck open causing low boost, that happend to me two times with two different turbos, know I swap the turbine housing and everything is fine.

Hey speedpx, was that an easy thing to fix? I'm not really good with cars, I can do a basic oil change and that is about it. If it is an easy fix, can you tell me how or point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. I'd rather not take it in to a shop.

I had the same code come up about a year ago and took it in to Autozone and they cleared the code. Drove fine so I didn't think about it until it just recently came up again.

It has nothing to do with boost... its for the stupid butterfly’s in your intake runner being stuck open or closed.. i forget which one. replace the vac like going from the diaphragm to the solenoid. if that doesn't fix it replace the solenoid

The first time i got this problem i had that code p2006 and it says something about the butterfly's in the intake manifole stuck close or open but the real problem was the turbo flap stuck open, and that time i had low boost like 2 psi that why. I bought a used stock turbo and that fix it.

And also dealer make change the intake manifold for that code, but after that the code came back again because of the turbo no boosting properly, causing butterfly's in the intake manifold stuck.

The first time i got this problem i had that code p2006 and it says something about the butterfly's in the intake manifole stuck close or open but the real problem was the turbo flap stuck open, and that time i had low boost like 2 psi that why. I bought a used stock turbo and that fix it.

hm.. werid because I had the same issue with my turbo and a new turbo didn't fix my P0660 and P2006 codes nor did new vac lines. What fixed it for me was the new solenoids. Even all data doesn't state anything about the turbo.

Well each car is diferent, and that's happend two times and the turbo flap of the turbine housing was the problem in this cases.

Sorry to revive this ancient thread, but can someone point me to the hose and solenoid that could be to blame for this? Gonna buy the parts as soon as I know so I can just get it taken care of. Autozone parts or Mazda parts work for this?

Thanks!

Same here.. I might have an extra set of these on my original engine, but there are lots of things on it...

its that little mitsubishi solenoid ontop of the intake. im getting the same code even after i replaced the vacume lines. replacing the vacume lines is always the cheapest fix to start with though it could just be a cracked and leaky line. I think this code could be caused if any one of the three solenoids is bad. Also as stated before it could be possible that the flap is broken inside the turbo I have seen this happen more than once.

Cool, I think I will remove those from original engine and replace vacuum hoses up there with some silicone...

is this an 'under warranty' fix?

i have the same code coming up now, my intake runner control is believed to be stuck closed. is this a sort of problem that would be covered under my factory warranty? I believe it falls under my Powertrain warranty, but I would like to be sure before i take it in tomorrow.

Any help would be appreciated

Matt

Last edited:
Back