CHEAP P5 for sale!!!!!

jsgolfer

:
2002 Protege 5
guys, i was on ebay farting around and i found this baby. red, 02 p5 with 17k. eibach pro kit. powder coated wheels. only 8,100. i thought someone may be interested. if i can get some cash together today, i am buying it. anyone else who doesn't have/ wants another protege should check this out.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

What an attractive way to sell a car!!

Nice car and good price, but was irked about something here.

http://www.carad.com/status/fullDetail.cfm?listing=546104&color=48
Under Terms Of Sale section:

10% DUE WITHIN 24 HOURS OF AUCTION, FULL PAYMENT WITHIN 7 DAYS.

ALL BUYERS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR A DOCUMENTATION FEE AND $18.00 STATE TITLE FEE.

NOTE TO ALL BIDDERS. YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A LEGAL CONTRACT. DO NOT BID UNLESS YOU INTEND TO FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THIS CONTRACT. WE DESCRIBE CARS ACCURATLEY AND DO NOT PLAY GAMES. WE WILL HONESTLEY ANSWER ANY QUESTION YOU HAVE. PLEASE E-MAIL ANY QUESTIONS BEFORE BIDDING AND THEY WILL IMMEDIATLY BE ANSWRED. IF YOU ARE THE WINNING BIDDER AND DO NOT FOLLOW THROUGH YOU WILL LEGALY BE PERSUED. IF YOU NEED FINANCING. PLEASE HAVE IT ARRANGED BEFORE BIDDING. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO HELP IN AIRPORT PICK UP OR SHIPPING. THANKS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

"HONESTLEY" now, before they can "ACCURATLEY" describe a car, don't they first have to spell it accurately? Guess spell checking isn't an important part of advertising. :eek:

damn, that's like 15-20 minutes from my house, if i didn't already have a Protege5, i'd so get that!

Actually this brings up a question I've had in the back of mind. I'm here as an observer considering one of these vehicles to replace my lovely little Ranger pickup...

What does one expect to pay for one of these little bad boys? New? Used? Stolen? errr nevermind that last one... :)

New starts at a little under 17K. That's MSRP, you should be able to get one for less, unless you special order it.
Used is a different question completely. I've seen used ones from as cheap as this one here on EBay to as much as $16,900 for a yellow one at a Ford Dealer (doubt they'll sell that one very fast).

Hmm, I just want a simple one, no options and has to be a manual trans. These cars come standard with like a/c and power stuff? Seems like theres no super base model, like say a civic DX that has an engine, tires and steering wheel. And thats it! :)

I imagine that wouldn't be too expensive.

Actually I just stopped by the local dealer, a co-worker wanted to see if they were getting an mazdaspeed mp3's in or something. And looked at the p5 in the showroom. The sticker says 16 and some change for base model... but the base comes with a lot of stupid things. And the options are not what i care about. I think I would trade ABS for a/c and things like that, but whatever. Thankfully I want manual, no special stereo crap, and I can live without a sunroof (have every car in the past).

But what has anyone actually paid for a base model like I want? Come on, don't be afraid to speak up :)

Back