chart of various sports cars insurance costs

I'd kill for those rates. Im paying 3300/yr for insurance w/ gieco. Perfectly clean record. Guess its because im 22 and in NYC. (ripped)

Thats ridiculous, so this is just common in NYC? Cause I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio and I'm 22, with 2 points on my license and I pay $2300/year with Geico. And I thought I was getting waxed!

my insurance company lists it as a 3. think it will stay that way until we start wrecking more of these and the light goes on.

You guys are lucky, I know I pay more for insurance cause I have an MP3 vs a regular protege.

Around here the insurance companies know its a speed, i told them a mazda 3 when i was looking for quotes soon as i gave them the vin they go "ooh thats a speed" still not too bad though.

Thats ridiculous, so this is just common in NYC? Cause I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio and I'm 22, with 2 points on my license and I pay $2300/year with Geico. And I thought I was getting waxed!

Yea thats pretty much the norm. Most guys with performance cars have them regisetered out of state for that reason. (FL, PA, ans VT are most common) If i moved across the river to NJ it'd probably drop by half.

I'm 21 years old have 3 points on my license and only pay 100 dollars a month for my MP3. I just got a quote from my insurance company for a yzf-r6 and they want over 3 grand a year for full coverage. thats crazy

I'm 21 years old have 3 points on my license and only pay 100 dollars a month for my MP3. I just got a quote from my insurance company for a yzf-r6 and they want over 3 grand a year for full coverage. thats crazy

Damn, what insurance company?? LOL

Its a local place called Cason-Huff-Schlueter Inc. So I probably wont be getting a bike till next january when all my points are gone.

I'm paying less than that average for my '09 MS3, but that is still a $200/yr increase over what I was paying for an '08 C6 Corvette.

yall are complaining like its a bad thing.

stop talking about it before our rate go up. im paying 101

yall are complaining like its a bad thing.

stop talking about it before our rate go up. im paying 101

I'm not complaining, I was irresponsible in the past but I haven't been in any trouble with the law for the past two and a half years. knock on wood.

Two interesting notes: 1) the proximity of the Volvo C30 to the MS3 (same platform) and how damn cheap (relatively) it is to insure the Crossfire convertible (since we have a friend here with a Crossfire)! Also noteworthy is the price of the Cobalt SS (probably due to the average age of driver).

Adding the "No Data" cars is worthless journalism. There's lots more of those if they care to list them, but why list them at all?

Lastly, they should have fixed one variable, like have all those car insurance prices listed for ONE driver.

24 so my rates should start going down next year. I use my family's agent even though she put me separate from my parents' umbrella when I got my 08.5 speed 3 (she said it would be cheaper for me this way).

I'm paying 185.66/month and I live on Long Island, NY.

24 so my rates should start going down next year. I use my family's agent even though she put me separate from my parents' umbrella when I got my 08.5 speed 3 (she said it would be cheaper for me this way).

I'm paying 185.66/month and I live on Long Island, NY.

I wish I had a 08.5 mazdaspeed 3

Mine is at $1100 for 6 months and I'm 19 so roughly $180/month... I have a few discounts though and get another for paying 6 months at a time.

I have a friend that is about to buy an MS3 and his insurance is only going to go up $30 from an 07 Tiburon.

u traded ur corvette for a ms3? (gtfo)

Didn't trade it, sold it outright. Have had four Corvettes in a row since '93 and don't want another on until the C7 comes out (hopefully). Corvettes are mod addictive and I spent north of $18K in the 1 1/2 years I had it, and was still looking to do more. Had to get away for awhile.

both my fiance and i paid $140 a month, but recently i added her car on my policy and it went down to $100 a month.... so both is $200 a month..... and it's weird that the list shows the Solstice at $1295 and the Sky with $1213...it's the same car..haha,,,,glad she drives the Sky...

I just saved over 28% on my car insurance by switching from GEICO!

Went to progressive and they saved me $45 a month!
My advice is don't stay with the same insurance company too long. It screws you in the long run. Also, those stupid crap tickets you get from the cameras "DO" in fact go on your licence. I was told they don't, so didn't report it. And Progressive knew about it when I switched...

Just a heads up.

Back