change Injen CAI to sri?

Butlerg

:
2004 Strato Blue hatch
I'm still kind of new too all this but, I bought my 2004 Mazda3 with it on, and honestly freak out every time it rains even though some people say it will only possibly hydrolock the engine if it gets fully submerged. I'm not sure which exact Injen intake model it is, but is it possible to change it to a short ram intake located higher up in the engine bay (without cutting up the pipe), instead of behind the front bumper?

if you still have the plastic shield under you car, everything should be fine...the water prob won't get up into the filter and in the intake.

hmm...ha ok...Yeah, I've been reading as many past posts as I could on it, and trying to determine whether I should just leave it or not. I guess I'm a tad of a paranoid guy. hah

Is it a two piece intake? If it is and you are honestly that freaked out about it, just remove the lower intake pipe and slap the filter on the short portion left. Unless, that is, your MAF was relocated to the lower pipe, then your SOL.

hhmm... technically, cai is good for na engines, just don't drive through big puddles. if u get sri, ur performance might go down a lil....sri is good for turbo engines i think bcus the turbo itself is already hot....so cai font make as much diffence ;)

Back