Change holder removal...

Simply Silver

:
Mazda Protege 5
Does anyone know how to remove the change holder on the right side of the fog light switch on the P5. I would like to add another blank filler panel so I can have a place to mount two switches. Thanks.

why is that a 'change holder'? Can it actually take any amount of change? lol I've never tried...

And I looked @ the manual and basically confirm what Bazooka Joe said. Looks like it's just part of the dash

There are a few clips on there, if you grab a friend and two flat head screwdrives it will come right out. Push down on the top and up on the bottom and pull, it will come right out.

EDIT: I attached a pic...this is what your talking about right? The quarter holder next to my custom fog light switch right?

Attachments

• DSC02549.JPG
    DSC02549.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Easier still...pop off the dash side panel, by the driver's side door. Just use a screwdriver and pop the chips off gently. Now you have access. There are push clips on the top/bottom of each assembly. Just squeeze them and push the thing out. Easy.

ya, my bad...you can get that piece out by accessing the side panel...i was thinking of the small bin underneath the change holder which for the most part is useless

^^^I did find a good use for that bin, I place my wallet in there on long trips.

bazooka joe said:
ya, my bad...you can get that piece out by accessing the side panel...i was thinking of the small bin underneath the change holder which for the most part is useless

I keep the remote for my stereo in there along with my sunglasses. LOL!

I keep my "e-pass" in there, the damn thing that auto pays the tolls so you dont have to stop, its usposed to be behind the mirror on the windshield but screw that, I just hold it up when I need it lol.

Did the pics and info help though? Anymore questions just ask...even if you wanna know how I made my switch lol.

jeg0024 said:
I keep my "e-pass" in there, the damn thing that auto pays the tolls so you dont have to stop, its usposed to be behind the mirror on the windshield but screw that, I just hold it up when I need it lol.

Did the pics and info help though? Anymore questions just ask...even if you wanna know how I made my switch lol.

ya, mu luck i'd drive thru and forget to hold it up!! the only thing is everything you put in there rattles around so i put felt on the bottom!

bazooka joe said:
ya, mu luck i'd drive thru and forget to hold it up!! the only thing is everything you put in there rattles around so i put felt on the bottom!

yeah, mine has stuff all over the bottom of it from when it was on my moms windshield so it dont move around too bad. I have almost forgot it a few times though, other times it just dont work lol.

It holds about $1.50 in quarters. Toll change, I guess. I keep my change in the ash tray, since I dont smoke

On my P5 I pulled out that lil change holder and put in an extra fog light switch (from salvage yard) to power my white undercar lights when I had them.

Back