Center console outlet not working

Joshrp5

:
2010 CX-9
Hey everyone. I just purchased a cx-9 touring. I noticed it has a aux and power outlet in the center console, however I've tried 3 plugs and can't seem to get any power. All other power seems to be working fine.

Hey everyone. I just purchased a cx-9 touring. I noticed it has a aux and power outlet in the center console, however I've tried 3 plugs and can't seem to get any power. All other power seems to be working fine.

Mine worked from the get go without having to do anything. If everything in the car seems fine, I would bring it in to the dealer to have it checked out. Perhaps a fuse?

It only works with car running I believe. Did you have the ignition on or off?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea I have the car on or off and it doesn't seem to function. Time to take apart?
Have you considered try a different charger?

In my previous CX9, I remember having a phone charger that worked fine on the front sockets, but did not fit well on the console socket, was a bit too short to make the right contacts on at the far end inside the socket

In the other hand, I was not aware that there was a socket on the central console. on My GT I only see 1 on the front Passenger side, and is a bit tricky to use it

Have you considered try a different charger?

In my previous CX9, I remember having a phone charger that worked fine on the front sockets, but did not fit well on the console socket, was a bit too short to make the right contacts on at the far end inside the socket

In the other hand, I was not aware that there was a socket on the central console. on My GT I only see 1 on the front Passenger side, and is a bit tricky to use it
My gt only have one in the passenger side. On the center console I have 2x usb ports.

Enviado desde mi Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Note that Joshrp5 has a 2010 CX-9, NOT a 2016 as owned by many who have replied.

I had a 2011 and had no issues with the console socket.
I agree that the charger may not be making contact with the center contact.
If checked with a voltage tester and the socket is actually not working, I'd first suspect a fuse.

Note that Joshrp5 has a 2010 CX-9, NOT a 2016 as owned by many who have replied.

If checked with a voltage tester and the socket is actually not working, I'd first suspect a fuse.

Have you checked the fuse?

Gee, I wish I'd thought to suggest that! (ohsnap!) :)

Gee, I wish I'd thought to suggest that! (ohsnap!) :)

Mine worked from the get go without having to do anything. If everything in the car seems fine, I would bring it in to the dealer to have it checked out. Perhaps a fuse?

Pardon me for not thoroughly reading all responses before trying to help the OP. I'll make sure to defer to your expertise and original suggestion next time--because internet forums never contain repetitive and duplicative posts or threads. (bowdown) Sheesh.

Last edited:
Pardon me for not thoroughly reading all responses before trying to help the OP. I'll make sure to defer to your expertise and original suggestion next time--because internet forums never contain repetitive and duplicative posts or threads. (bowdown) Sheesh.

I obviously made the same error that I pointed out ... yet several posts prior rather than the post immediately beforehand.
OOPS ... (hand)

My apologies.
I just get frustrated when people on a different car forum (where I'm far more active) post a comment similar to if not exactly the same as the one that came before.
(IMO, blatant spelling and grammatical errors are also head-shake worthy.)

I usually withhold comments such as the one I made, and should have done the same here. (hear ya)

I just get frustrated when people on a different car forum (where I'm far more active) post a comment similar to if not exactly the same as the one that came before.

It's just the nature of the beast man--you want to help the OP by conveying your wisdom, and don't want to bother reading what everyone else wrote first. Then it just turns out that 2 similar posts are next to each other. I read the OP's question and stopped there, and I was just the next one to respond after you--a whole day later. Welcome to the internet.

Back