CEL Question

ndedomin

:
2008.5 Black Mica MS3 GT, 2004 Velocity Red MSM
hey everyone.

my 2008.5 mazdaspeed 3 has a CEL. I searched the forum for this specific one and couldn't find anything, so here's my situation.

It is a code p2401:

EVAP system leak detection pump motor circuit low

Possible Causes:

* EVAP system leak detection pump malfunction
* Poor connection of EVAP system or PCM connector
* PCM has failed

It is NOT my gas cap, which was my first thought when I saw the EVAP code. Has anyone had a similar issue, or does anyone know what the problem might be here? I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks in advance for the help.

I just checked out your mod list and it doesn't seem like you have anything that would void your warrenty at the dealership. I think you would have better luck just taking it to the dealership and letting them deal with it, CEL are the worst when you can't find what's setting it off.

eh, be careful with the valve and the intake on there. worse comes to worse, prove to them that the aem intake is the mazdaspeed intake and maybe they'll be ok with that. but be careful with that intake and valve on the car if you plan on taking it to the dealership

thanks for the quick responses guys. Up until now I've just been clearing it and ignoring it...the car runs great, so its clearly nothing serious, but its just so annoying having it lit up there on my display. I am always cautious about bringing my car to the dealership with the CAI and BPV I've got, so I dunno....hopefully someone knows what might be causing this. Otherwise, I'll probably just keep clearing it until I can get back to my tuner back home.

I will tell you mods depend on the dealership. Though dealerships in hard times usually will look past them. Also this code was happening on my dad mountaineer. It kept throwing it and after he mentioned it to me i just looked at the EVAP system and a line going from the charcoal canister had come off.

you are right the car is probably running fine, Evap just helps controls emissions more or less.

Back