CD won't eject.....

superbike7

:
2007 Touring
Okay so my 2007 mazda 5 with the 6 disc changer is giving me some problems. About a month ago it wouldn't eject a cd, but after a few hours it semed to work okay. Well this weekend it wouldn't eject again and its been about three days now and i still can't get them out. It just reads "CHECK CD" and keeps making a noise like it is trying to eject them but to no avail. So my questions are:

1. Has anyone else had this problem?
2. Can it be fixed?
3. If not, how difficult would it be to put another unit in?
4. Will I have to get it programmed at the dealer?

It looks like I can get used one for about $100 plus shipping. Good deal?
Thanks for your help guys.

Last edited:
I highly advise against buying USED head units, OE or aftermarket, unless you know the unit is less than 1, at most 2, years old (manuf. date) and not remanufactured. You never know what you are going to get and these things are so disposable (cheap) that it does not make any financial sense to buy used. Cheapest thing is prob do the Aux mod on the OE unit and use some external music player.

That's not a bad idea since most of my music is on my ipod. I am not familiar with how to do the AUX mod. Do you have a link for it?

Same problem with my 6 Disc CD changer. I can here the mechanism working but CD just won't eject. It was recommended that I disconnect the battery, then connect it back...haven't tried that yet. If that trick fails, I'm looking to get a used OEM unit as I have an OEM Nav and Aftermarket HU aren't compatible to it. Or iPod Integration adapter instead. For now we can live w/o using the CD player. We like to listen to the local radio anyhow. I also have an iPod Radio transmitter adapter for long trips, and that's worked alright for us..

Okay I found a local guy that is selling a used 6 disc changer out of his 2010. He said I could have it for $60 so I figure what the hell. Will I have to get it programmed at the dealer or can I just swap the newer one in? Also I was thinking about getting one of these modulators since i don't have an AUX port on my 2007.

http://www.gtacarkits.com/mazda5_2006_2009_car_kit.php

Now If i can only get those disks out of the old one..........

Back