cars been running like s*** for aawhile

jbencosme

:
2003mazdaspeed protege
yea i had my car for some time but its always been running bad i was told that i should replace all my pipeing like from the manifolds and the fmic...my car is not stock i have some welded on exhaust with no cats i have a 2piece cai also have a fmic like i mentioned and i have an hks bov but since i have no way of tuning the car i dont know where to go from here since i also wanna change my ricey setup i have i really wanted to sell the car for awhile tooo but i thought maybe ill just replace all the pipeing with newq piping and relocate mmy bov from my hotpipe to my cold pipe then i could buy the tunning computer...will it run better then? oh and my car hesitates like when im in first i cant pass 4k without the car boggin and hesitsating help with your two cents i can really use it!

try a tune up, new coils, wires plugs and report back. is the boost turned up at all? also is the ecu flashed?

i honestly couldnt tell you if the ecu is flashed or not but i had an engine put in with 25k miles new water pump coils and wires and plugs too i just dont know what to do now and im at 6 psi now

i say hardpipes will make it run a bit better and check for leaks that always makes msps run really bad

do you have a boost gauge? you can spray brake cleaner on the engine and see if it starts to stumble. Spray it on the manifold and on the piping and if the idle drops you know where the leak is coming from

yes i do have a boost guage what should it show like when in idle what number should it be around and thanks for the info

You should be seeing around 20in/hg or a lil more at idle. If not you likely have a vac leak. Is the car throwing codes at all? Are you sure the ignition coils were replaced?

Back