Carplay and Android Auto coming soon? Crossing fingers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point of my post was regard HAVING OPTIONS. Yes I understand most buyers of the Accord and Camry will not buy the highest trim to get a V6 or a 10 speed automatic, but if you want one, IT IS AVAILABLE. Get it? Options. Many people in this forum would like the OPTION of getting a 2.5T motor, they don't and that's the issue which is interesting considering Honda/Toyota are companies that produce appliances and Mazda is 'supposed' to be the enthusiast brand for people who like driving. Sorry bro, but no one is interested in spending 35k for a dated 6 with 184 HP.

That dated 6 with 185 is the best 4 cylinder in its class. http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-mazda-6-in-depth-model-review-2017-mazda-6-performance-and-driving-impressions-review-car-and-driver-page-4

Don't worry though....Skyactiv-X engines are on the horizon for even more HP/Tq/mpgs. We'll get you converted to Skyactivism soon enough.

That dated 6 with 185 is the best 4 cylinder in its class.

That's why they're selling a whole lot of them right?(lol2)

For the same money I'd rather get an 17 Accord with a V6 and CarPlay. And I don't be coverting to 'SkyActive-X' anytime soon. I have no interest in spending 30k to be a beta tester. Honda already has reliable turbo engines that can get 250/300 HP and plenty of torque without the gimmicks.

Good luck to Mazda trying to convince people to buy their vehicles using this engine technology, they'll need it.

Last edited:

Because sales directly equate to quality? That's like saying McDonalds is the best hamburger ever because it sells the most hamburgers world wide.

There is no logic to your post. Just more "give me a Honda".

Edit: And to answer your edits in your above post:

So what about the new engine technology? Turbo and other such technologies at some point were unproven gimmicks until they happened. With your way of thinking, there would be no innovation. Thank god you don't work for Mazda.

Last edited:
Because sales directly equate to quality? That's like saying McDonalds is the best hamburger ever because it sells the most hamburgers world wide.

There is no logic to your post. Just more "give me a Honda".

Edit: And to answer your edits in your above post:

So what about the new engine technology? Turbo and other such technologies at some point were unproven gimmicks until they happened. With your way of thinking, there would be no innovation. Thank god you don't work for Mazda.

Quality? I didn't know quality was the only factor in why people buy cars. Last time I checked, value is what sells(see Rogue sales numbers). Why would anyone buy a 6 when they can get a reliable proven car like the Accord for the same money? Why would anyone buy a Grand Touring 6 when they can get a Accord V6 with CarPlay/AA for the same money? It's not a competitive vehicle against a Accord or Camry, period. Mazda has had 30+ years to make the 6 a competitive car against the Camry and Accord, they have failed.

And your innovation comment is hilarious. Turbos have been around for over 100 years, in fact they were developed only 10 years after the very first internal combustion engines. In 5 years the rest of the world will have moved onto more efficient, more powerful engine with the assistance of electric or fully electric and Mazda will be behind the pack again, just like they are now. I also saw they are hoping to get 190 HP out of the new SkyActive-X engine? Sounds like they're trying to catch up the CRVs of the world, good luck to them.

To your first point, I may have misinterpreted your first post above being about "value" as opposed to "quality". So I'll leave that be. I'd still drive a Mazda over a Honda or Toyota any day.

To your second point, so what if they've been around 100 years? At some point the engine came out, then they did, and now Mazda is making another innovation. They are not trying to play catchup to a soccer mom mobile with an butt ugly behind and gaudy front end.

To your first point, I may have misinterpreted your first post above being about "value" as opposed to "quality". So I'll leave that be. I'd still drive a Mazda over a Honda or Toyota any day.

To your second point, so what if they've been around 100 years? At some point the engine came out, then they did, and now Mazda is making another innovation. They are not trying to play catchup to a soccer mom mobile with an butt ugly behind and gaudy front end.

My first point was geared more toward value as opposed to quality. But let's talk about quality. There are plenty of examples of Camry's/Accords going well over 250k/300k mileage, some even 500k. All still on roads today. On the other hand most Mazda 626's are sitting in scrapyards...

And I find it funny you are comparing an innovation like a Turbo which is not only still being used 125 years later, but HEAVILY used to something like HCCI which has been around for 40 years and will be on it's way out in 5 years. Mazda has gotten this to work in gasoline vehicles? Great, but we all know the only purpose of this technology is to improve fuel economy, and nothing else. It's not going to improve power significantly like a larger displacement, turbo, or electric motor can nor will it improve reliability in any kind of way. In fact reliability will be a HUGE question mark for many potential buyers, and could prove disastrous for Mazda considering reliability is the #1 most important thing people look at when buying a new car.

Why would anyone buy a 6 when they can get a reliable proven car like the Accord for the same money? Why would anyone buy a Grand Touring 6 when they can get a Accord V6 with CarPlay/AA for the same money?

Because....

2018-Honda-Accord-Carscoops-2.jpg

Come on. That thing is hideous.

That's your opinion. Something you never use (IMO, IME) around here which is really the 1 thing that annoys me most about.
It's a fact! You're such an expert in everything. Anyway.... I think the 6 is gorgeous. A lot of people do.

That's your opinion. Something you never use (IMO, IME) around here which is really the 1 thing that annoys me most about.
It's a fact! You're such an expert in everything. Anyway.... I think the 6 is gorgeous. A lot of people do.

I like how instead of disagreeing that that Honda is hideous, he just attacks the 6.

Subtly agreeing Honda is ugly AF there Mango? (lol2)

That's pretty ugly. Honda styling design is just plain bad.

I agree that its not good, but at least from those angles, it isn't as bad as many of their other recent cars or the painful to look at designs coming from Toyota. At least this thing generally looks the whole thing was designed by one team.

That's a concept piece, not the actual car.

The 6 is a very good looking car. However, it's not a very good car in my opinion. It lacks in refinement. The most interesting thing for Mazda, to me, was in that 3 HCCI review. They commented that it was quiet which probably has more to do with the frame than anything else. Get that thing quiet, improve the HUD, ignition button placement, pop a bit more MPG/MPH out of it, and suddenly it's a really good vehicle, maybe not even meaningfully underpowered with the right engine in it.

Back on topic, if Mazda already has AA/CarPlay capable vehicles why not just turn it on? Do they fear it will pull sales away from the GT trims or something? It can't be that much to license so why not just do it and stop being stubborn about it.

That's why they're selling a whole lot of them right?(lol2)

For the same money I'd rather get an 17 Accord with a V6 and CarPlay. And I don't be coverting to 'SkyActive-X' anytime soon. I have no interest in spending 30k to be a beta tester. Honda already has reliable turbo engines that can get 250/300 HP and plenty of torque without the gimmicks.

Good luck to Mazda trying to convince people to buy their vehicles using this engine technology, they'll need it.

So are you judging by paper specs or by real testing?

I test drove the new 6, Accord 4 banger AND v6. The new 6 was better overall. I spent 27k on a touring with tech in my avatar. Halo LEDs, Adaptive LED headlights/LED tail lights, better looking wheels, Commander knob, Blind spot monitoring, 60/40 Rear foldable seats, faster than the Accord 4, way more nimble and a couple G's cheaper than the bloated Accord V6, and has better exterior and interior styling than both. See I don't purchase cars based on sales. I purchase cars after a thorough comparison. I was about to purchase that Accord V6 but too its not my cup of tea. Sort of a letdown.

At 27k there was no model which gave me the package I wanted. The only car which was better than the 6 at a good the value was the TSX which was still a couple of G's more expensive.

Going back to CarPlay, what are its benefits? Music and navigation right? Streaming music from my playlist is easy via Bluetooth. Navigation? I use Google maps on my smart phone which syncs via Bluetooth unto my infotainment system and gives me voice instructions on where/when to turn. It even interjects while I'm listening to music. I didn't purchase a navigation card so my navigation is through Google maps. CarPlay is cool but not a head and shoulders factor over what I already have.

mangoconchile;6539483 [/QUOTE said:
Mango, I could use any one of your quotes, but this one will do....the one where you said no-one is giving you a hard time here.

Are you really that dense?
Everyone is giving you a hard time here, mostly because you're a dick.
I've asked you more than once why the hell you are on here, and what you are trying to accomplish here. I'm still waiting for an answer.
You post twice as much on here as you do on your own Honda forum. Why? to what pleasure? To what end?
You are convincing absolutely no-one that Honda is better. In fact, you are doing just the opposite. You are giving Honda a bad name.
In over 300 posts, you have not said a single positive thing about Mazda, or contributed anything worthwhile to this forum, while garishly promoting Honda at every turn.
You are just an irritating little man.
I'm sure you won't take any advice from me, or anyone else, but I'll try asking anyway: Please just go away and hug your CR-V in your own forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back