Carpet pealing back at passenger door

amillman2

:
Mazdaspeed6
My carpet is coming out under where my passenger door meets the carpet its only about a 3 inch section that comes out. i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if it is covered under warranty? It was like this when i got the car but it was tucked back in so i didnt notice.. which i can do and it looks fine.. then as soon as someone sits in the seat and their feet pushes the carpet away from the door that little section pops out again. Thanks.

If you're under warranty they'll fix stuff like that. Unless you somehow damaged it.

nope i didnt do anything.. now the dealer might not wanna do the work for some reason and say i did something to it.. but my guess is there was too much tension pulling the carpet towards the driver side somehow and it just came loose and stayed that way.

seems to be a common problem with mazda cars. It was fairly widely reported on mazda3's that the carpet was popping out from the front of the kick panel.

There seems to be a couple of reasons for this: 1) offending area of the carpet is cut short from the factory 2) there may be some shrinkage in the carpet as it ages.

Unfortunately the only real fix to this is either mazda replaces the carpet (entire interior) or you do it with OEM. Or you can try and stitch some additional material to the offending end so that you have material to help tuck away.

i had them re-carpet the whole thing and the rear is all bubbled up then they heat & steam treated it and its laying alot better but not how i would like it.. they said itll thake a few hot summer days to cure correctly.. does anyone know if this is true.. i dont know much and car carpeting.

Back