car wash and windshield wiper bolt cover

:
Protege5 2003
The P5 was dirty and I was lazy so I put it through a car wash instead of hand washing it. It was the kind of car wash where the car sits still and the washer arms go back and forth over the car, then one drives out slowly through an enormous blower. Anyway, the next day I noticed something shiny near the windshield and it turned out to be the retaining bolt for the driver's side wiper arm. The cap that used to cover it was missing, presumably water blasted or air blown off by the car wash. The one on the other arm was still there and firmly seated. Luckily the little devil had not traveled far and was found loose under the left hood hinge. Stuffed it back in and good as new.

Anybody else lost one of those in a car wash?

Not sure how/when mine got lost but they are also missing (both of them). Anybody have a car they are parting out that they can sell & mail me on the cheap?
Thanks,

Not sure how/when mine got lost but they are also missing (both of them). Anybody have a car they are parting out that they can sell & mail me on the cheap?
Thanks,

mine were both missing when I got my car. Picked up new ones at onlinemazdaparts.com for like $8.

Christ, is everyone missing them? I bought my car w/o them as well. Also tried to buy some off cars that were being parted out, and those were missing too.

Christ, is everyone missing them? I bought my car w/o them as well. Also tried to buy some off cars that were being parted out, and those were missing too.

DOH! I see a trend here. I can swear they were on my car when I sold it to my sis, but off when I bought it back 1.5 years later! (uhm)

mine were both missing when I got my car. Picked up new ones at onlinemazdaparts.com for like $8.

Do you happen to have the part#'s for these? I think I'm going to order them, along w/my Mazda6 wagon hatch wiper conversion kit.

Thanks,

Do you happen to have the part#'s for these? I think I'm going to order them, along w/my Mazda6 wagon hatch wiper conversion kit.

Thanks,

sorry man, i can't remember. Why don't you just call up Jason at the website on Monday - he'll hook you up.

lost one of mine, got it replaced and same one was lost again...i never again tried to install a new one....

I think you need :

Cover Back - Usa only - Usa only
99-03 $3.82

didnt see the part number but its in the wiper arm diagram. I need them too.

Can anyone direct me to the proper parts for the 6 rear wiper conversion ?

its on onlinemazdaparts
its on the clickys on the bottom
and its a full kit. its like 33bucks

has anyone hear of these 2 words? junk yard. the wiper arms are pretty much standard plenty of these at local junk yards and since they fit in your pocket they are free!

i have a theory on how these caps disappear as i was in a junk yard today and took 2 of them from a car there with no effort at all. here is what i think happens. as i have never tried to take mine off from my car wiper arm in the past i noticed how easily they came off the car in the junk yard. well first off they are rubber, not plastic as i was thinking all along. second they seem to have a fairly tight seal for the bolt thats under there cuz the bolt looked brand new as if it hasnt seen one drop of rain and we all know how easily rust takes over our cars so what im thinking is that maybe over time or in places where there are drastic changes in temperature from day to night some moisture makes its way in there and then in the heat expands and the simple pressure of the expanded water vapor pops them off enough that they no longer have a tight fit. so my solution to this could be this. clean off the contact points both on the wiper arm bolt hole and the caps and then drop in enough of those moisture absorbing silica gel balls into the area that the hole is full. then close it making sure that non of the silica gel stuff is on the sealing surface where the cap sits. you can find the silica gel stuff in pretty much anything electronic sold today. also i can give one of my 2 rubber covers to someone thats near me for free in new jersey. i dont feel like wasting time and money making a project to ship this.

i only realized i'm missing the left one cause of reading this thread, don't even know if it was there when i bought the car.

Back