Car was runnin then...boom

Midnight,

The stock crank is actually pretty good. It is steel and will take 25 psi of boost. That is what I am running in the car. You only need the connecting rods. That's all you need. Maybe pistons if you want to run Nitrous. Stock pistons will take also 25 psi. (that's what I am running and YP5 Toronto)

The rest should be stock. Stock block, stock crank, stock bearings and gasket.

Like I said many times, the only weak part of the FS engine is the rod. They brake even in NA engines.

Juan, What kind of rods do u have? I would even like to have Forged pistons if that's doable with that coating on top so it doesn't sound like a diesel. I'm thinking of going 8:5:1 compression also. If you want to tell me more you can PM me.
About the Mazdaspeed crank has it been hardned any? Or is it just like the one I have in my motor?

in all honesty i think juan should have no responsibility with helping you out.. i think poor choices and poor driving on your part are at fault...
just my opinion..
why should juan have to go out of his way for someone blowing a motor that didnt have a boost guage..

i blew my engine on the spool kit... did i go after spool? no... did i ask him to help me.. no..
i went through all the resourses i had and i took care of it myself.. as you should.. you should not expect someone with a business and someone who counts on this for his living to give people things b/c of poor planning and bad choices...

im done with my rant..

Damn, you guys are harsh, give him a break he said he learn't his lesson. You can prob find a better deal at car-part.com. I got a motor from there for 500 with 5k on it. I'm still getting a hiboost kit no matter what(2thumbs)

i got my engine for 550 and it had 6k miles on it..

with everything on it.. all accessories etc...

it seems to me with the way he is talking he is expecting juan to help him..
which is wrong.. he is the one who blew the engine not juan.. juans maps and directions are fine and the maps he gives are very well done..

it just makes me angry when people expect things from others...

just my 2 cents -- i read the whole thread and no where did anyone exspect anything and under the conditions i think he has taken it very well and mature -- even though it sucks to have it blow the first time --- he will have more fun in the end because with the better rods he will be able to get more out of his kit :)

midnightracr said:
Juan, What kind of rods do u have? I would even like to have Forged pistons if that's doable with that coating on top so it doesn't sound like a diesel. I'm thinking of going 8:5:1 compression also. If you want to tell me more you can PM me.
About the Mazdaspeed crank has it been hardned any? Or is it just like the one I have in my motor?
The MSP motor is them same as the P5 and MP3, no differences in cranks. The stock will hold fine for you, no need to spend money when it's not needed. Just get the oliver rods and CP pistons, they sound like stock and there is no need for any coatings.

Made up my mind today. Since I can't find a billet crank i'm turning my car back to stock with the new motor I just bought today. Yep that's right. I'm gonna bet a 92 or up Civic & put in a H22 block with a GSR Vtec head & put a turbo on it. With all the goodies Forged pistons/rods, steel crank, & Darton sleeves. The Protege will not hold up to the power or even make the kind of power that the H22 will

mazdamp3_18 said:
in all honesty i think juan should have no responsibility with helping you out.. i think poor choices and poor driving on your part are at fault...
just my opinion..
why should juan have to go out of his way for someone blowing a motor that didnt have a boost guage..

i blew my engine on the spool kit... did i go after spool? no... did i ask him to help me.. no..
i went through all the resourses i had and i took care of it myself.. as you should.. you should not expect someone with a business and someone who counts on this for his living to give people things b/c of poor planning and bad choices...

im done with my rant..
LOL....You can kiss my white ass dipshit. No where in this thread have I said or hinted to the fact Juan needed to help me. Either your dumb or just plain illiterate....Oh yeah i'm done with my rant

kissing your ass or not at least i know to put a boost guage on a car with a boost controller on it(blah) (cool)

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by SenorCorwin
i think the least juan should so is get you forged goodies at cost and maybe a block if hes got one laying aorund... </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

midnightracr said:
I'm glad to hear you & me are on the same page. Hopefully he meant forged pistons & rods
by this responce to senorcorwin it seems to me like your expecting him to help you..

just my opinion..
i dont think that people should go out of their way for someone elses mistake.

midnightracr said:
LOL....$3800 huh. Add some more to that...lol. I know what you're saying i was just a little impatient & I learned something. How to be more patient. Like i said in my earlier posts I will have guages everywhere next time
This is all that matters now. He's not some dumb-ass who didn't learn. Give it a rest everyone. BTW... It looks like to me Juan volunteered to help him out! If Juan told me he would help me out, I guess I would expect it too.

(rei)

Last edited:
First I'm going to take off the turbo to see if it was hurt. If it wasn't damanged in any way I will probably sell it. It's a great kit. Nothing is wrong with the kit it's bad ass. When it built up to full boost the car just hauled ass. If someone gets this kit deffinately get a stronger clutch so it doesn't over-rev the motor. Also be sure to install a boost guage. After feeling boost it made me want to build up a full race car that can get into the 10's

Your turbo should be fine...

He, I have blown 3 engines in my hands!!! And my friend 4. 1st one he blew it just like you, but in his case, the block was saved: rods bent but not broke, but they were hitting the block.

Also, just like you, The 1st day I installed the kit, I had a couple vacuum hoses hooked wrong and I saw the boost needle go past 20psi!!! And that was not flooring it. But in my case, I knew that amount of boost was wrong and that DAMN nice pull was far from the real deal. I think you reached that amount of boost too and eventually the rods said bye bye.

Im now running a new motor and only boostin 5-7psi. feels good...but man, I miss 10psi so much.

How Much You Going To Get Rid Of The Kit

midnightracr said:
First I'm going to take off the turbo to see if it was hurt. If it wasn't damanged in any way I will probably sell it. It's a great kit. Nothing is wrong with the kit it's bad ass. When it built up to full boost the car just hauled ass. If someone gets this kit deffinately get a stronger clutch so it doesn't over-rev the motor. Also be sure to install a boost guage. After feeling boost it made me want to build up a full race car that can get into the 10's

HOW MUCH DO YOU PLAN ON SELLING THE KIT FOR AND WHAT BRAND AND WHAT PARTS COME WITH THE KIT

I Need A Price

mazdamp3_18 said:
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by SenorCorwin
i think the least juan should so is get you forged goodies at cost and maybe a block if hes got one laying aorund... </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

by this responce to senorcorwin it seems to me like your expecting him to help you..

just my opinion..
i dont think that people should go out of their way for someone elses mistake.
HOW Much can you get turbo kits for and what brand

Back